LSU fans say good ridence to Pelini!

rkhufu7

Harp, one question. In terms of coaching duties for the NC game, do you feel LSU is better off with or without Pelini coaching the defense? Les Miles has said he wanted him to coach.

i think bo should roll. my opinion of bo aside, there's no "two weeks notice" in coaching, and i don't think there should be. nebraska hired him, he should start with nebraska starting last sunday.

now, as a fan. for the sake of continuity, and because bo is responsible for better or worse i think it'd be good for bo to stay he's been the dc this far. being a dc is HARD HARD work, and playing in the nc game is the ultimate reward. i can't imagine how heavy that must be...

"ive been here for 3 years, those 3 years culminate in an nc game, but i accepted another job" think about it. can you imagine having to make this decision? honestly, i think he'll stay and coach, i can't imagine him passing up that "resume material" and "reward"

I agree, and I have mixed emotions on the deal. I don't blame him for wanting to coach in the NC game, and if he goes out and shuts down OSU and LSU wins the NC, that will only help out NU's cause even more, because every time you see Pelini on the sideline, he's going to be referred to as NU's head coach. That will get potential recruits that much more exposure.

no doubt at all, if bo gameplans like i hear/i think he would against ou, its going to be a MAJOR BOON for yall's recruiting. i think where bo may make his money for nu will be similar to what ron zook has done, though maybe not as dramatically due to the competition. ron zook basically built an sec team in the big ten (take the fastest most talented players and put them on d).

Many LSU fans down here have said tha Pelini didn't blitz enough and force turnovers. They said he relied on having superior athletes.

If it waznt for pelini they wouldnt be in the championship game lol seriously their D has been keeping them in games all year long their offience sucks so yea they need 2 give credit where it needs 2 be given seriously thoe

all of you're middle school grammer teachers need to be gathered up, put into a room, and have that room set on fire because you suck at the "riting"

not to mention your 2nd post is basically unreadable. something about a piclol and we play florida and georgia next year?

we play florida everyear! no worries about the d, if we're down its because about half of the best defensive talent ever put together is leaving. but based on the depth ive seen this year, even that won't be a problem. not to mention the names floating around for dc are names i'd take over bo in a heartbeat. (will muschamp, john tenuta)

as for the rest of you, continue to sit around and delude yourself about the future, thats ok! based on what ive heard about bo's past here he did well, so congrats, apparently thats a good hire. but, the only thing i can deduce from this is mediocre in the sec = succesful in the big 2/anywhere else.

I am not going to argue that the Big 12 is better than the SEC cause the SEC probably is stronger, but is not that much stronger. I know everyone down south is thinks their football is so great and they play so tough and they only reason they dont win the NC every year is cause they beat each other up all year. But seriously the SEC is that far ahead of the Big 12 and Pac 10.

I mean just look at the SEC non-conference schedules and results. The only quality win the SEC has against a non-conference foe is LSU handily over V-Tech. What other win can you look at and say now that right there shows that the SEC is great. Auburn over K-State(barely)....NO K-State sucks and Auburn is like #3 or 4 in the SEC. Georgia over OKie State umm NO, Georgia is #2 in the SEC and OK. St. is like #7 or 8 in the Big 12. S. Carolina over N.Carolina, again NO NC is terrible and only won 4 games this year.

But if you look at the losses there are a few SEC team that loss to a non-conference opponet, where you can look at that game and say that conference jsut might be better than the SEC. Alambama losing to Florida St. is a game that doesnt tell you much cause both teams arent that great, but then the next week Alabama loses to La. Monroe, come on that is pretty pathetic. By the way who coaches Alamabama, ohh ya Nick Saban, all of LSU fan's man crush. Then Auburn(top team in the SEC) goes down to South Florida who then proceeds to fall off the college football map with 3 losses in a row later in the season. Finally probably the most telling loss by an SEC team is Tennessee to Cal, after that loss Tennessee went on to win its division and Cal went on to suck the rest of the year and finish 7th in the Pac 10.

So dont give me all this crap about how "mediocre in the sec = succesful in the big 2/anywhere else" cause it is total BS. I know the SEC is great and blah blah blah, but it is not nearly as far ahead and everyone down there thinks it is.

If you want to read more about why the SEC isnt so awesome read this (link)

P.S. harp you still have given me ZERO FACTS about you opinion on Pelini and this conference thing is also jsut your opinion. You have no proof to back up anything you say and you are so ignorant that you will never admit to being wrong.

good argument. but... I HAVE WATCHED BO COACH FOR THREE YEARS. as i said earlier on paper everything looks honkie-dorie i don't have facts now, just my opinion, which is based off first hand experience... just wait, 1 year from today, ill have all the facts i need, trust me!

Or you will have the facts that I need........ahhaa, but i can respect that.

:nanalama we shall see, personally, if i was nebraska fan,my expectations: 7wins decent bowl game, "contend" for the big12 north. that should be feasible.