starters next year??

jakokid

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Lucky - Helu at I-back

Castile - Glen at Full Back

Wilson at Wing Back.

Every position gets yards. Keep the D guessing as to if the I-Backs will run past then or the Full Back will run over them or if the Wing back will take turns running past and over them.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo

new starters next year?

dillard at mlb?

blue at cb?

who else?

Well.... at LB we need a new WILL and a new SAM. I'd guess that the candidates at WILL will be Austin Stafford (RSF), Major Culbert (Junior), Latravis Washington (Sophomore) --- possibly Larry Asante moves back to WILL. At SAM candidates are Latravis Washington, Major Culbert, and Blake Lawrence (though he lacks speed) -- and maybe, if we land Shaun Mohler he steps in.

At DE expect Kuli (if he shows up) and William Yancy to push last years starters (Potter and Turner --- both of whom struggled). In the interior DL only SUH is certain to start --- expect that the other position will be open with a bunch of potential people (Steinkuler, Dixon, Barfield, Jenson --- none of who were overly effective). At safety you have Asante (unless he moves to LB) and Thenarse with maybe Anthony West and S. Sullivan (unless they go to CB) as potentials. At CB there is Murillo, Blue and Amukamura as options.

Overall, well.... there is reason to think that Bo will have his work cut out for him as likely not one of these players would be a starter at LSU and many of these guys would not even be in the top two. People have ragged about defensive coaching --- and rightly so. But the NU defense is thin on talent, really thin --- especially on lack of speed in the back seven and in both lack of quickness and lack of strength on the DL.

This defense will improve --- I am certain. There will be no #105 nationally. But it is unlikely that the defense, no matter how well coached, will be a top 25 defense. They can, potentially, be serviceable. But the talent is not there for a great (or even a really good defense). Unless Bo is a miracle worker, one can not build bricks without straw. Bo needs some talent on defense and that will take some time.

Those thinking that Cally had great recruiting classes need only look at the attrition rates from those classes and also see the performance of those that have stuck with the program to realize that those classes were nowhere near as good as initially thought.

I would imagine that Pelini is inheriting more talent than Callahan did when he arrived. But the talent difference now versus four years ago is not nearly as wide as most on this board think. NU is not without talent --- they have middle conference talent. They were coached down to bottom feeder performance. Next year expect middle conference performance --- which is quite the improvement.

TE - Mike McNeill? Drew Young? Pierre Allen?

C - ?

Jaivorio Burkes, DJ Jones, Keith Williams, Cruz Barrett, Marcel Jones - not sure which position, but pretty excited about these beasts

WR - Holt, Paul, Henry

RB - hopefully everyone is back and healthy, plenty of depth

FB - Makovicka (this has to be a given)

DE - Kuli

DT - Somebody with a little fire to help Suh out, maybe Seth Jensen

SAM - Blake Lawrence

MIKE - Dillard, unless he gets outworked in practice

WILL - Culbert, Stafford, Covey?

CB - Blue, Murrillo, Amukamara?

S - Thenarse, Assante

new starters next year?

dillard at mlb?

blue at cb?

who else?

Well.... at LB we need a new WILL and a new SAM. I'd guess that the candidates at WILL will be Austin Stafford (RSF), Major Culbert (Junior), Latravis Washington (Sophomore) --- possibly Larry Asante moves back to WILL. At SAM candidates are Latravis Washington, Major Culbert, and Blake Lawrence (though he lacks speed) -- and maybe, if we land Shaun Mohler he steps in.

At DE expect Kuli (if he shows up) and William Yancy to push last years starters (Potter and Turner --- both of whom struggled). In the interior DL only SUH is certain to start --- expect that the other position will be open with a bunch of potential people (Steinkuler, Dixon, Barfield, Jenson --- none of who were overly effective). At safety you have Asante (unless he moves to LB) and Thenarse with maybe Anthony West and S. Sullivan (unless they go to CB) as potentials. At CB there is Murillo, Blue and Amukamura as options.

Overall, well.... there is reason to think that Bo will have his work cut out for him as likely not one of these players would be a starter at LSU and many of these guys would not even be in the top two. People have ragged about defensive coaching --- and rightly so. But the NU defense is thin on talent, really thin --- especially on lack of speed in the back seven and in both lack of quickness and lack of strength on the DL.

This defense will improve --- I am certain. There will be no #105 nationally. But it is unlikely that the defense, no matter how well coached, will be a top 25 defense. They can, potentially, be serviceable. But the talent is not there for a great (or even a really good defense). Unless Bo is a miracle worker, one can not build bricks without straw. Bo needs some talent on defense and that will take some time.

Those thinking that Cally had great recruiting classes need only look at the attrition rates from those classes and also see the performance of those that have stuck with the program to realize that those classes were nowhere near as good as initially thought.

I would imagine that Pelini is inheriting more talent than Callahan did when he arrived. But the talent difference now versus four years ago is not nearly as wide as most on this board think. NU is not without talent --- they have middle conference talent. They were coached down to bottom feeder performance. Next year expect middle conference performance --- which is quite the improvement.

His recruiting was very good. The problem is he did not recruit Defensive players. How many of our Defensive players came through the JUCO route?

new starters next year?

dillard at mlb?

blue at cb?

who else?

His recruiting was very good. The problem is he did not recruit Defensive players. How many of our Defensive players came through the JUCO route?

I dont think callahan knew anything about recruiting ok ok maybe he knew a lil bit but not alott becuzz when you recruit u recruit players thats gonna want 2 be around for a few years not just a QB thats gonna play 4 1 season then thats it ,The guy only knoes offence i mean he couldnt even win 5 games in his 2nd year with my RAIDERS and they had jerry rice on their team also so whats that tell you about tha guy??And in his 1st year with the huskers didnt the dude like switch players around makeing a few D players O line men and O line men D line or something?? I could have swore he did but that goes 2 show yaz dont hire stupid pplz :LOLtartar