Roxy

Sarah's Treats

Boil together for one minute:

1 cup white syrup

1 cup sugar

Add:

1-1/2 cups peanut butter

6 cups cornflakes

Mix all ingredients together. Spread in a greased 9x13-inch pan. Cover with miniature marshmallows and chocolate chips. Return to oven for 3 to 4 minutes until the chips are melted enough to spread. When they are cooled after taking them out of the oven...cut in squares.

Pie Crust:

4 cups flour

1 T. sugar

1-1/2 -2 tsp. salt

1-3/4 cup lard

1 egg

1 T. vinegar

1/2 cup cold water or 1/2 cup cold milk

Sift together flour, sugar and salt. Cut in lard until mixture resembles small peas. I used the food processor with the S blade. Beat egg, add vinegar and cold water; mix well. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Mix with fork. Mold into a ball. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes. I refrigerated it for a half hour. Roll into desired crusts. Dough may be refrigerated for 3 days or frozen until needed.

Apple Pie Filling:

Sprinkle the bottom of the pie crust with brown sugar. Sauce: 7-9 apples sliced,,,I used 9 apples..depends on how big your apples are...3/4 cup sugar, sprinkled cinnamon..I didn't measure..depends on how much cinnamon you like in your pie...1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons butter..I softened it in the microwave. Mix all togehter with a spoon in a large bowl.

I put slits on the top crust as suggested and poured 1/8 cup milk and sprinkled sugar over the crust,

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.

Beef Stroganoff:

Preheat oven to 300..

2 lbs. stew meat

1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

1 bay leaf

1 tsp. seasoned salt

Pepper to taste

Minced garlic and chopped onions

2 cups water

1-10 oz. pkg. egg noodles

1 cup sour cream

1-10 1/2 oz. can cheddar cheese soup

1 medium diced green pepper

2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms

Combine meat, onion soup mix, bay leaf, seasoned salt, pepper, onion, garlic and water in a roasting pan. Cover and cook 1-1-1/2 hours at 300 or until meat is tender. Mix the sour cream, soup, green pepper and sliced mushrooms with meat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes. Serve on cooked noodles.

Italian Cavatini:

3 cups assorted noodles

Sauce:

1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef

2 T. olive oil

1 cup diced onion

MInced garlic

1 cup diced green pepper

1/2 cup diced celery

1 cup diced mushrooms

1/2 cup black olives (opt.)

2-15 oz. cans tomato sauce (can be Italian-style)

1 T. sugar

2 tsp. Italian seasoning

1 tsp. salt

1 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated

1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated

Pepperoni slices (opt.)

Brown meat in oil; add onion, garlic, celery and mushrooms.. drain grease Simmer 10 minutes; add sauce, sugar, salt and olives. Stir in noodles and add Italian seasoning. Pour in a large buttered casserole dish. Top with cheese or you can layer cheese with the other ingredients. Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes.

If you want more kick...add some cayenne pepper to the mixture before baking it or use half hamburger and half hot sausage.

Barbecued Meatballs:

Preheat oven to 350.

1-1/2 lbs. ground beef

1 cup milk

3 T. onion or use more if you like onion...I use more

3/4 cup quick oatmeal

Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together. Form into walnut-sized balls. Place in 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover with following sauce:

1 cup ketchup

1 T. Worcestershire Sauce

2 T. brown sugar

1/2 cup water

Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 for 1-1/2 hours.

*If you like sauce...double the sauce ingredients..depends on how much hamburger you use.

Cheeseburger Meatloaf:

1-1/2 lbs. hamburger

1 cup shredded American cheese

1 cup crackers

1/2 cup milk

1-1/2 tsp. salt and pepper

1 T. catsup

1 tsp. mustard

1 egg

Small onion, diced

Mix all ingredients except the cheese. Place a layer of meat, a layer of cheese and a layer of meat. Bake at 350 for about one hour.

Smothered Hamburger Steaks:

1-1/2 lbs. hambuger

3/4 cup duced onions

1/2 cup diced green pepper

3/4 cup bread crumbs

1 beaten egg

Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all the above together; form into hamburger steaks. Put into a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Pour 2 cans cream of mushroom soup on top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes; can add cheese last 5 minutes.

Salmon Loaf:

Preheat oven to 350.

1 can red salmon

2 eggs

1 cup saltine crackers, crushed or use bread crumbs...I like crackers

1 cup milk

1/2 tesp. salt

1 T. butter

Drain the juice of the salmon..mix all the ingredients and put in a loaf pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake 1 hour at 350.

Caramel Brownies:

Preheat oven to 350.

1-German Chocolate cake mix

1-(14 oz.) pkg. caramels

1 small can evaporated milk

3/4 cup melted margarine

1 cup chopped nuts

1 cup chocolate chips

Cook caramels with 1/3 cup milk until melted. Mix cake mix, margarine, 1/2 cup milk and nuts. Stir by hand and press half of mixture in a 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes; sprinkle chips over partially baked batter. Add caramel mixture and top with the rest of the batter. Bake at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes.