How quoting works.

DaveH

I got a question via email asking how to quote posts in your posts and I thought I would share with the rest of the board. Well, with this board it is pretty simple. For demontration purposes, I will be using parenthesis instead of the square brackets you need to use when actually quoting. You can also use the "Code Buttons" at the top that can help. I would suggested Guided mode for starters.

When you hit the "Quote" button on a post, the post you want to quote will appear in the "Original Post to Quote" box on the reply screen. You can edit parts out there that you might not necessarily want to reply to.

Now if the post your are quoting has a quote in it the quotes become nested. "A quote in a quote" if you will. When this happens, you will see similar text appear in the "Original Post to Quote" box. Except now the nested quote will have "quote tags" around it. THat means

(quote)This is the nested quote (/quote) This is the post you are quoting directly.

If you want to edit out certain quotes, that fine. The trick is that every quote MUST be have the tages around it if you want it to be displayed correctly. That is it must be surrounded by (quote) (/quote) in that order.

An example:

(quote)This is the first quoted post(quote) This is the second quoted post (quote) This is the third quoted post (/quote) (/quote) (/quote)

Well, I hoped this helped for people who want to know how this works. :)