Ultrasonic/electronic pest control????

Just saw a commercial for Riddex Ultrasonic/electronic pest control and wondered if anyone had any luck with them..

I bought a pkg of 5 sunbeam Ultrasonic pest controlers a couple years ago..Sometimes still get ants coming through the walls of our 7 yr old house, but one time, I noticed a football sized hive/swarm of killer bees in our front yard mesquite tree..I put one on the end of an extension cord and draped it over a branch (after donning a hazmat suit)..The hive was gone next morning..(Which I've later been told may happen even w/o provocation).

I don't mind the ants so much, but my wife seems to think they've been stealing the silverware and our hybrid keeps getting bit.

Just saw a commercial for Riddex Ultrasonic/electronic pest control and wondered if anyone had any luck with them..

I bought a pkg of 5 sunbeam Ultrasonic pest controlers a couple years ago..Sometimes still get ants coming through the walls of our 7 yr old house, but one time, I noticed a football sized hive/swarm of killer bees in our front yard mesquite tree..I put one on the end of an extension cord and draped it over a branch (after donning a hazmat suit)..The hive was gone next morning..(Which I've later been told may happen even w/o provocation).

I don't mind the ants so much, but my wife seems to think they've been stealing the silverware and our hybrid keeps getting bit.

Don't know if it's the same thing, but we bought some kind of ultrasonic thing several years ago. I saw a mouse and am DEATHLY AFRAID of them! Anyway, it had a real "high pitch" sound, and my son and I could hear it....... About drove us nuts. As far as getting rid of the mouse.....a trap worked better!

Don't know if it's the same thing, but we bought some kind of ultrasonic thing several years ago. I saw a mouse and am DEATHLY AFRAID of them! Anyway, it had a real "high pitch" sound, and my son and I could hear it....... About drove us nuts. As far as getting rid of the mouse.....a trap worked better!

I've never seen a mouse outside a pet store..But always thought Gerbils were cute and have had some as pets..

..Almost forgot about the mouse living on our floor in Abel (Dorm @ UNL)..My best friend's roommate caught her in a trap and I put the carcass in his shoe the next morning.

I've read some complaints about the noise (Of the units), but we don't seem to notice any, and our Cats and Siberian Husky haven't complained.

Funny about the "DEATHLY AFRAID" thing..

I caught a foot long Bearded Dragon in our driveway and put it in a plastic bucket to show the kids..Buckeye37 (my Wife) thought it was the cicada that I tried to catch the week before and grabbed the bucket from me..I've never heard her scream before..(Probably a good 90 seconds long)..And about turned inside out.

Within a day, She'd googled about everything she could find about it..Bought a 30 Gal. Aquarium, and 100 crickets..(and named the varmint, "Lizzie").

Then emailed a picture of it to most of our relatives titled, "Look what HE brought home now".