Celtics Are Back!

Spartness

Well, they certanly have a great chance. However, when I look at the state of the NBA, I see only one really complete team - San Antonio. As is always so evident, the playoffs are a completely different beast than the regular season. What works in the regular season doesn't always work in the post season. The Spurs probably play the best help defense in the league, they rebound from all positions, they have pretty good depth, and they have Tim Duncan. About all you can say is that they can get a bit held down on offense - they tend to not get the easy points off fast breaks that other teams seem to get. But, again, there's far less of that in the post season.

I just don't see any team that's as complete in all phases of the game. The Maveriks are getting closer under Johnson with the defense - but they are too dependent on Dirk. The Celts look good, but while they have the offense their defense is a tad lacking - and it seems only Kevin has any real interest in rebounding or defense.

Still, should be a great post season - some very close teams.

• 9 months later...