The Final Push...GBR

Well it looks like BC and Co. are in the stretch run....I am very happy so far, they have a ton of talent in this group , with the loss of Horne I see the team slowly taking form and the incoming class will fill many holes....What I really would like to see BC do now is finish this class with some 2 and 3 star guys that will give us around 28 or 29 committs and give this classs depth.

I really think we need to take a chance or two on a couple of tweener type athletes at LB and OL/DL....some smaller guys with good speed that can help us down the road....I also think its time to look for an instate kid that maybe we were holding out a scholy on, hoping for a bigger recruit, this will help BC down the road with his image instate....and finally..by filling out the class with solid 2 and 3 star types we allow ourselves the depth in the class to handle any late defections or a guy who has to goto coffeyville for a year to get his grades up....when I say 2 or 3 star types, I'm talking about the very best attitudes and backrounds as well...you know crazy stuff like the players coming from a good home with two parents and no criminal record....decent grades and gratitude to a school that is offering to give them a shot at the big time....in other words ....a Phil Ellis type.....Ed Stewart...those type of guys......GBR......ps the 2 and 3 star class fillers were all Frankie ever brought in....he was such a B_tch............ :rollin

Can someone tell me why everyone seems to forget every year that we have a few guys that have lows test scores and the kid and the school have to work hard to get them a scholly?....also this is not a NU specific thing...everone has the same trouble....I guess I'm a guy who sees the glass half full instead of half empty...we all know that some of these guys will never play at Nebraska....that is the way it has always been and it will always be that way...soo what is the point in being a downer when a you look at recruits?...The best class is a deep class and that is what we are getting...so to all you haters I say"is a top ten class a failure?"

I can't imagine what it must be like to always see the program as some kind of a cancer...I would walk away from the stress.......The Huskers are my childhood team and I am passing my passion for football and the Huskers onto my son, but if I ever thought that it would cause him as much stress and obvious pain as it causes guy like Formefan and Benard among others...I would stop taking him to games and put all his Husker gear in the attic....I guess what I'm saying is, we get it, you hate BC you guys Hate Pedersen and you Hate anyone who likes them....WE GET IT.....why not move an , try silk flowers or glueing pop bottle tops on soup cans ....maybe go fishing...or just watch fish swim in a tank.....do you really need the stress?......or do you guys just like being complete downers all the time?...do you just like the Idea of bringing you brand of optimism to the rest of us?........I would never put myself thru the strain it must cause you guys to hate all the time....I really hope that you haters don't view this as some kind of attack on yourselves...it's not....I just wanted to try to take a walk in your shoes, and I really did'nt like it....nope.....PEACE GBR

I have got to jump on your bandwagon. I love the fact everyone can discuss the Huskers and have different viewpoints, GBA(God Bless America). But ya reach a point where enough is enough. Rehashing the same old hatred and rhetoric gets stale in a big hurry. Disagreeing on a viewpoint is fine but becoming rabid is counterproductive. I grew up in GBR country and my son was born in COLO (oops) while I was in school. He has inherited my veracity for Husker Football without ever living there. And now by living in So Cal I get a lot of poo from just about all my friends that follow college football. I just smile and point to 5 NC's. The Huskers will be back whether with BC or someone else. I have faith in that and it won't change. The important thing is the State of Nebraska and the people. If they don't change and keep their basic beliefs then everything else is the small stuff. The people of the state and those of us who left and live elsewhere are what makes this so special. What other state has such a diverse population and such widespread support? Anyway, I think the recruiting is turning out pretty spectacular so far. Who knows, maybe these freshmen will turn out to be the equal of the 95 team, think positive. See ya

GBR :horns2

Wow Armistead, logic and sense all wrapped together, NICE JOB!

I agree, we couldn't be happy with the losses this year, the way Frank was fired, the play out on the field at times. But this recruiting class is awesome! I look at the computer and read the paper every day just to see what's happening and what may happen next. In the past, I'd look at the list on paper once the signing period ended, get excited for a couple of days over 1 or 2 players, wait for the Spring game to come and go and then wait for the season to start. Now I can't get enough since we're constantly getting interest from some top-flight kid out of places thousands of miles away. And to have Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier and Bob Stoops pleading with our top guys to 'rethink' their decision makes me smile every time!

The PROGRAM isn't about 1 man, 1 coach, 1 player. It's about the team and the tradition and the success that the past has given and that surely awaits in the future. We'll be the leaders of the pack again soon, and I'll be right up front cheering harder than anybody!

I have got to jump on your bandwagon. I love the fact everyone can discuss the Huskers and have different viewpoints, GBA(God Bless America). But ya reach a point where enough is enough. Rehashing the same old hatred and rhetoric gets stale in a big hurry. Disagreeing on a viewpoint is fine but becoming rabid is counterproductive. I grew up in GBR country and my son was born in COLO (oops) while I was in school. He has inherited my veracity for Husker Football without ever living there. And now by living in So Cal I get a lot of poo from just about all my friends that follow college football. I just smile and point to 5 NC's. The Huskers will be back whether with BC or someone else. I have faith in that and it won't change. The important thing is the State of Nebraska and the people. If they don't change and keep their basic beliefs then everything else is the small stuff. The people of the state and those of us who left and live elsewhere are what makes this so special. What other state has such a diverse population and such widespread support? Anyway, I think the recruiting is turning out pretty spectacular so far. Who knows, maybe these freshmen will turn out to be the equal of the 95 team, think positive. See ya

GBR :horns2

Say it again RAWHIDE....nice job