True Freshman

How many true freshman will play next year?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lucky and Jackson could be a tandem like Reggie Bush and Lindell White. Should be interesting.

Eventually, but I don't see it their freshman year. The one thing all running backs seem to need to develop is picking up the blitz. Until they do, they go in only on obvious running downs. My guess is either or both will have to develop their blitz pick-ups, and how quickly they do will dictate the amount of playing time.

Lucky and Jackson could be a tandem like Reggie Bush and Lindell White.  Should be interesting.

Never thought of that. What do you do with Ross??

That's what I was thinking AR, maybe work in slowly next year and 2006 have them ready to roll with possibly Beck at the healm. Cory Ross is gonna be the number 1 guy this year, I would say most definitely the captain. Lucky and Jackson could see some action, the WCO Callahan used with the Raiders regularly used 4 running backs. The possibilities make me giddy, especially after seeing Bush and White this season.

Lucky and Jackson could be a tandem like Reggie Bush and Lindell White.  Should be interesting.

Eventually, but I don't see it their freshman year. The one thing all running backs seem to need to develop is picking up the blitz. Until they do, they go in only on obvious running downs. My guess is either or both will have to develop their blitz pick-ups, and how quickly they do will dictate the amount of playing time.

When did Brandon Jackson get into games this year?

I think we'll see Jackson, Lucky, Beck, Dillard, Roark, Picou and Congdon all get playing time this year. We have so little talent we need to get the best guys in there. Just for depth do I see Picou and Roark getting action, as the OL should be our strength this year. I could see Beck redshirt and I wouldn't mind that at all, but everything points to him coming in and seeing time right away. These coaches do a pretty good job of getting the best players on the field.