brock pastuer

I like what i hear so far... on paper that is. sounds like he passes the eye test, but the differnce b/t the all-airport team and all-americans are teh spit and fire needed to turn yourself into a beast int he off-season when noones cheering for you.

best of luck Brock and welcoem to Husker Nation1! I can hear it now:

"KState Pastuerized by Brock and boys!"

I wonder how many players one way or the other are going to get pissed because of all the people penciled in as starter before they have even played a down here.

I think it's going to work out like this. The incoming players at /some/ positions are going to be better than the players that are here. There is no getting around that. Now, does that mean the players here won't get a fair shot to break the starting lineup? No. However, looking from the outside in you could say take the cynical route and say that Callahan is just playing his guys and ignore the fact that they just might be better. I tend to think this isn't the case.

Benard, if you want to discuss this further, start a new thread about it in Open Field ;)

Not to get off topic, but I think that the only way one of FS's guys gets on the field is if he is head and shoulders above whomever cally brings in. If its even close, Franks recruit might as well hit the bricks (ie Birkel). cally is so set on proving to everyone that he is right, that he system and players will work, that he is will to do anything. Just like throwing away the bowl/non-losing season streaks, and shrugging them off as no big deal.