Gavins Point Dam (Yankton)

Anyone been fishing below the dam? I assume Walleyes/Saugers are hot right now. Was thinking about making a trip up this weekend and just wanted a report. Thanks.

Here's a really good web site that is up to date on most of the fishing spots in South Dakota. I'll post a link at the bottom of this post. On the left side of the page under information they have fishing reports from the various lakes and rivers. Also maps of fishing lakes in .PDF and if you can't find what your looking for, look through their forum or just register and ask. Have fun!

http://dakotaangler.com/

Anyone been fishing below the dam? I assume Walleyes/Saugers are hot right now. Was thinking about making a trip up this weekend and just wanted a report. Thanks.

Here's a really good web site that is up to date on most of the fishing spots in South Dakota. I'll post a link at the bottom of this post. On the left side of the page under information they have fishing reports from the various lakes and rivers. Also maps of fishing lakes in .PDF and if you can't find what your looking for, look through their forum or just register and ask. Have fun!

Thanks for the link! I'm sure it's probably a zoo up there, but I know the fishing is dynamite this time of year!!

That sounds like a blast.. My grandparents are from Wynot, and we have a cabin on the Missouri a few miles east of Sportsman's. I'll be up there quite a bit next summer getting in my fair share of fishing!

Nice. My mom and stepdad used to have a cabin right down the gravel from Sportsman's. It's the one across the road from the A-frame just down river of the boat ramp!

Thanks for the link! I'm sure it's probably a zoo up there, but I know the fishing is dynamite this time of year!!

Don't forget to pack extra Clown X-Rap's. The walleye were hitting on these pretty good in Minnesota last year. Let us know what the smallies are doing when you get back.

Don't forget to pack extra Clown X-Rap's. The walleye were hitting on these pretty good in Minnesota last year. Let us know what the smallies are doing when you get back.

I'll have a report for sure. Looks like the forecast is changing daily.....mid 30's on Saturday......gonna be like a November game in the south stadium!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was up there Sunday.........holy cold!!!! The fishing boat isn't out of storage yet, so we took the duck boat up......turns out a trolling motor is pretty vital to successful fishing up there. About 10 other boats....the fish weren't jumping in their boats either. Saw a few being caught here and there, but nothing to write home about.

I was up there Sunday.........holy cold!!!! The fishing boat isn't out of storage yet, so we took the duck boat up......turns out a trolling motor is pretty vital to successful fishing up there. About 10 other boats....the fish weren't jumping in their boats either. Saw a few being caught here and there, but nothing to write home about.

I'll be glad when this darn weather cooperates.