Athletic department warns about alcohol

hack

I think the photo is a fake anyway..... just look at the shadow caused by the flash on the left side of his face and body... the shadow would not look like that against a wall easily over 5 feet away.

If that is BO after the NC title game then NEBRASKA beat Texas because NUNN didnt fumble the ball.

2141qwj.jpg

Hmmm....don't recall seeing a police blotter with Bo's name on it....think he was okay doing what he did, seeing he just won a NC....

These players on the other hand....what have they done to celebrate? Not much if I recall what last year looked like. ...you want to defend them?

They are at Nebraska to play football and they represent the university...they are receiving a free education as "payment" for doing so. I think the university has every right to expect that they would represent them in a positive manner, not having their name associated with the university in a police report or newspaper article about criminal activity.

IMHO there is NO excuse for this behavior, and therefore a No Tolerance policy is in order, if not to protect the player from himself, to protect the university's good name. These are supposed to be adults...they should be expected to act as such. And those that are not yet adults, have no business drinking anyway. The law is the law...if you think it is alright to be drunk in public, disorderly, assaulting someone, I suppose you will next tell us that it is okay to kill someone....after all it is only a law.

Certain members, past and present, have taken it upon themselves to prove they can't handle drinking alcohol. As a result, the whole team will suffer. That is the way it is, the way it should be - to put a stop to the behavior that the city of Lincoln had to deal with last weekend. Alcohol was the common denominator, therefore the ban on certain establishments and the warning on the abuse of alcohol is justified.

I'm not sure that I dissagree with some of your points or if I'm just trying to express an opposing viewpoint.

Both sets of my Grandparents were Teetotalers which worried me a little what with my belief that alcoholism is mostly inherited, and I wondered if there was something in their past that scared them away from ETOH (Ethyl alcohol).

My Parents only drank when I had leftover Beer while I was in Highschool..Mainly trying to discourage me from drinking during Football Season, but it became a ritual to down a 12 Friday night after a game.

I can't imagine many recruits wanting to go to a "Dry County" to spend 4-5 years of "the Best years of their lives" 'specially in the "Tundra" as many outsiders see us.

I also don't believe there should be an acceptable excuse/reason to drink whether mourning a loss or celebrating a MNC..although my excuse was just as lame..I drank because I loves the taste of Hopps.

I never liked the buzz that much, but it did postphone some of the sore joints until Saturday morning at my job at Hinky Dinky.

Now I usually forget to drink..but when I do, I stop after inhaling one or two because I get full. That..and it's not as much fun when you're legal (over 21).

People of any age should not drink if they can't stop, or at least know when to say "when".

While they may be "at Nebraska to play football and represent the university" they are also college students

with the typical experiences and very atypical expectations.

Do you penalize the whole team because a few can't exercize moderation?

If Melissa Midwest were to walk into a bar and bend over in front of me while I was playing pool, and showing off some naughty parts where her underbritches ought to be, It would take a lot less than a diet Lime Coke buzz for me to want to put my fingers in their Favourite place..

Not saying that's anywhere near what happened to DC..but it does give ya ideas about how an unscrupulous fan or even an agent, could end an opposing team's "star" player's season.

Hmmm....don't recall seeing a police blotter with Bo's name on it....think he was okay doing what he did, seeing he just won a NC....

These players on the other hand....what have they done to celebrate? Not much if I recall what last year looked like. ...you want to defend them?

They are at Nebraska to play football and they represent the university...they are receiving a free education as "payment" for doing so. I think the university has every right to expect that they would represent them in a positive manner, not having their name associated with the university in a police report or newspaper article about criminal activity.

IMHO there is NO excuse for this behavior, and therefore a No Tolerance policy is in order, if not to protect the player from himself, to protect the university's good name. These are supposed to be adults...they should be expected to act as such. And those that are not yet adults, have no business drinking anyway. The law is the law...if you think it is alright to be drunk in public, disorderly, assaulting someone, I suppose you will next tell us that it is okay to kill someone....after all it is only a law.

Certain members, past and present, have taken it upon themselves to prove they can't handle drinking alcohol. As a result, the whole team will suffer. That is the way it is, the way it should be - to put a stop to the behavior that the city of Lincoln had to deal with last weekend. Alcohol was the common denominator, therefore the ban on certain establishments and the warning on the abuse of alcohol is justified.

I'm not sure that I dissagree with some of your points or if I'm just trying to express an opposing viewpoint.

Both sets of my Grandparents were Teetotalers which worried me a little what with my belief that alcoholism is mostly inherited, and I wondered if there was something in their past that scared them away from ETOH (Ethyl alcohol).

My Parents only drank when I had leftover Beer while I was in Highschool..Mainly trying to discourage me from drinking during Football Season, but it became a ritual to down a 12 Friday night after a game.

I can't imagine many recruits wanting to go to a "Dry County" to spend 4-5 years of "the Best years of their lives" 'specially in the "Tundra" as many outsiders see us.

I also don't believe there should be an acceptable excuse/reason to drink whether mourning a loss or celebrating a MNC..although my excuse was just as lame..I drank because I loves the taste of Hopps.

I never liked the buzz that much, but it did postphone some of the sore joints until Saturday morning at my job at Hinky Dinky.

Now I usually forget to drink..but when I do, I stop after inhaling one or two because I get full. That..and it's not as much fun when you're legal (over 21).

People of any age should not drink if they can't stop, or at least know when to say "when".

While they may be "at Nebraska to play football and represent the university" they are also college students

If Melissa Midwest were to walk into a bar and bend over in front of me while I was playing pool, and showing off some naughty parts where her underbritches ought to be, It would take a lot less than a diet Lime Coke buzz for me to want to put my fingers in their Favourite place..

Not saying that's anywhere near what happened to DC..but it does give ya ideas about how an unscrupulous fan or even an agent, could end an opposing team's "star" player's season.

Are you somehow hinting that there is some conspiracy to get him in trouble? Also I don't care if the girl wasn't wearing underwear or whatever she was doing there is no way that justifies her being violated by a stranger. Your logic seems skewed to me in a way I can't even begin to comprehend it. I think Bo has a lot more leeway when it comes to drinking as he's proven himself reliable and responsible for many years beyond the legal drinking age. I can't be sure but I don't think Pelini got in trouble in college either. Then again maybe he didn't get caught.

I think the photo is a fake anyway..... just look at the shadow caused by the flash on the left side of his face and body... the shadow would not look like that against a wall easily over 5 feet away.

If that is BO after the NC title game then NEBRASKA beat Texas because NUNN didnt fumble the ball.

2141qwj.jpg

I'm pretty sure that was him. I heard before that photo came out that he was at Pat O'Briens in the Quarter drinking after the game. I know because I was pissed I was hanging around uptown instead of celebrating how much Ohio State sucks and trying to get Pelini to sign some NU gear.

...While they may be "at Nebraska to play football and represent the university" they are also college students

Are you somehow hinting that there is some conspiracy to get him in trouble? Also I don't care if the girl wasn't wearing underwear or whatever she was doing there is no way that justifies her being violated by a stranger. Your logic seems skewed to me in a way I can't even begin to comprehend it. I think Bo has a lot more leeway when it comes to drinking as he's proven himself reliable and responsible for many years beyond the legal drinking age. I can't be sure but I don't think Pelini got in trouble in college either. Then again maybe he didn't get caught.

Not intentionally..

And I agree, There is no justification as far as being violated no matter how you're dressed.

I was under the impression after reading a blog about the incident (I know..consider the source) that the woman being violated was the "Wife of an Athlete"..Not that that should make any difference, it's just that you can paint it however you want to skew it just by saying it was an attack on a total stranger (Which makes us all feel at risk) or you can say it was a Wife of a friend? which makes the general public feel like there is a possibility of prior acceptance by both parties..

I tend to believe she was known by the player, although maybe she didn't know him..but again..that's just me jumping to conclusions before the facts are out.

In my last statement, I was just trying (very poorly) to illustrate that I'd be mighty tempted to do what this kid did with or without ETOH..even though I cannot do that to my Wife without getting slapped hard...I know..I tried.

Alcohol makes you lose yer inhibitions..but it still is the person commiting the act that is in trouble and shouldn't be able to use alcohol as an excuse for bad behavior.

I feel bad for the victim if that's what she turns out to be..But I also feel bad for the player for ruining this part of his life..I don't care as much for my old school's reputation as we've weathered worse things at UNL and most of us not directly involved will forget about this someday.

i dunno... looks legit to me...

bovgo.jpg

i dunno... looks legit to me...

bovgo.jpg

post-340-1199987896.jpg

I don't know why anyone would have a problem with the picture of Bo with Godzirra or even the one where he appears to be within One foot of a doorway to a bar across the street from a grassy knoll or it's shadow.

Other than the appearance of him talking out of the side of his mouth (which never leads to kind discussion).

It's way too hard to tell what he's saying to Godzilla what with the problem of syncing up the Engrish translation with the original Japanese.

My Wife went to tOSU about the same time that Bo went there, but never heard of him before I mentioned his name as a possible HBC for us..but she lived with her parents and had a part time job, and didn't spend much extra time on campus or at the bars.

(I doubt he got in much trouble).