Carl Nicks

MLU

I am representing the Chiefs in a mock draft on a Saints forum. I have been keeping an eye on Offensive Tackle prospects as players get picked and I am looking at two guys right mow that stand out as the second round gets underway. Carl Nicks is one of those guys.

Everything I have read on the guy says that he has a lot of potential, but is an unknown due to his lack of playing time. I know he went to Juco after enrolling at New Mexico State. Can you guys tell me why? Character concerns? Grades? Personal issues? Where is he projected realistically? I have seen second round, but after he blew his chance at showing off at NU's Pro Day I can't see it.

The other tackle that I am looking at is Kansas' Anthony Collins. I'm sure everyone here feels that Nicks is a better player, but I would certainly enjoy any commentary you folks have about him.

Right now my first two picks have been Sedrick Ellis and Brian Brohm. I really need to address Offensive Line soon unless a steal at receiver or CB is available.

Thanks!

Nicks started off at New Mexico St as a defensive lineman, then transferred to a JC, then came to Nebraska. I have never heard of any character issues with him, but he was arrested 2 weeks ago for failure to disperse(not sure if it was all that serious). He only started one season at Nebraska and did a decent job. I think Nicks is a solid third rounder.