Hello Huskers, Hokie fan here, looking forward to the series, need help....

Hello Huskers, VT Hokie fan here, looking forward to the 2008/2009 series, excited about making a trip to Lincoln this year to experience the Red Sea at Memorial first hand.

Have always heard great things about Nebraska home games in Lincoln and can't wait to come see it live.

VT has a bit of a rebuilding job to do this season, but hopefully we will be able to give you guys a good game. 2009 is probably our target for being really strong team, possible contender, but this season we're replacing a ton on defense, and all four top wideouts, and we just had to release our top tailback for numerous reasons, but bottom line is he's gone. There's talent in all of those areas, but there's no denying it will be rebuilding for us this year.

Anyway, hope things are going well with Coach Pelini building what you all want. Should be fun this Fall.

I need a bit of help from Husker fans on the 2009 schedule. Any posts would be appreciated.

I have checked your official website, to see that your 2009 schedule is set, both OOC and Big 12. It appears the Big 12 schedules 4 or 5 years at least in advance, correct? My question is, from your experience, is that 2009 schedule, that has you guys coming to Blacksburg to play VT, on September 19, 2009, is that basically set in stone? Is there anything you guys can think of that would cause that date to change, other than maybe ESPN moving it to Thursday night, or something like that?

In other words, are those dates for Nebraska's schedule in 2009 done, or is it possible they will change?

The ACC does not schedule conference games and dates that far in advance, so we don't know our dates for 2009, other than our OOC dates. Our program shows the 9/19/2009 date with Nebraska as tentative.

I'm trying to plan a big event, and would like to know if you guys think that date is pretty much set?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, and if you have any questions about VT, in regards to this year's game in Lincoln, just let me know and I'll do the best I can to answer!

Appreciate it!

Roanoke VT Hokie

Nebraska has a pretty good track record of securing dates quite early. I would be extremely surprised if that date changes, but we've had it happen before like you said where ESPN will pick it up for a Thursday night game.

Last time it happened I want to say was against Southern Miss a couple years back, when we went there it was on a Thursday.

All in all though, our games are usually pretty well set in stone. No guarantees, but I'd put it at a 85% chance that it stays that date.

I doubt they would move it to Thursday due to the fact that we have other out of conference games that would strain our preparation.

Just a guess.

Hope you enjoy your time in Lincoln, look forward to seeing what Blacksburg has to offer in 09