To the poster I talked about LaTravis Washington

Unless Stafford miraculously puts on weight, LaTravis will have to play LB whether it is his best position or not. Stafford is lucky if he is 200lbs right now.

Players weight fluctuate all the time. One day they may weigh 243 at a weigh-in, the next they may weigh 236 or 249, for example. It isn't that they are doing hardcore training to lose weight or even getting lazy on their training, it is just never a complete constant with these guys. For the most part, LTW walked around 240+ this offseason. However, to play LB, he HAS to keep his weight down. LaTravis already has cover issues, he doesn't need to compound it by putting on more weight.

For the most part, practices from the LBs have consisted of a ton of blitzing. Thus why LTW has looked so good, so far. Again, he is a big liability in coverage and that is where his single biggest flaw shines through glaringly.

LTW is about 230+ right now. Coaches want him around 225. Never doubted he is in great shape. Guy carried weight well when he was over 240, but needs to keep his weight down to help improve his hip movement to strengthen his already weak cover abilities.

And regardless, LaTravis DEFINITELY is not moving anywhere now. His progression at LB became even more important as of today.

But I don't see why you want to debate me on this anyways. You asked, I told you. The same as I told you CG was ahead of Niles, but you could not believe it and did not want to hear it.

For the most part, practices from the LBs have consisted of a ton of blitzing. Thus why LTW has looked so good, so far. Again, he is a big liability in coverage and that is where his single biggest flaw shines through glaringly.

LTW is about 230+ right now. Coaches want him around 225. Never doubted he is in great shape. Guy carried weight well when he was over 240, but needs to keep his weight down to help improve his hip movement to strengthen his already weak cover abilities.

And regardless, LaTravis DEFINITELY is not moving anywhere now. His progression at LB became even more important as of today.

But I don't see why you want to debate me on this anyways. You asked, I told you. The same as I told you CG was ahead of Niles, but you could not believe it and did not want to hear it.

why did his progression at lb become even more important today?

I keep getting different info, and I believe the other guy on somethings, Washington is mid 220's.

What has shown me that C is ahead of Niles? Nothing..

Obviously you do not know that CG is running with the 1's in practice.

Watson even said as much to LJS yesterday, IIRC.

Washington was recruited as a saftey he has to have some cover skills. I know that on 1620 they said he was around 220.

Asante was recruited as a safety, but he couldn't cover the chair I am sitting in. Anyone who watched him last year saw that on full display. Just sayin'.

Guys also reported Castille was down in the 230 range, which is far from the truth. Castille is in damm good shape, but he has lost nowhere near that much weight.

Yea Castille is right around 240

Curenski was working with the 1s because of some injuries throughout practice. Does that mean he is a lot farther along then Niles? no

Try 250 and then maybe you would finally be right.

And I continue to be amazed that you continue to want to debate me on this, but Curenski has been running with the 1's regardless of any other WR's and their slight dings.

I really wish the sunshine pumping over on HI would stop when it comes to guys like Niles. He's a good WR, but he is nowhere near as good as they led people to believe coming out of HS and even now.

He is not 250, he looks A LOT slimmer then a few months when he was at 255, he hasn't just lost 5 pounds, he is easily 240.

HI has nothing to do with my thinking, I was VERY high on C coming to NU, and I think he will do very good things at NU.

You act like I said Niles is gonna be the best WR in the country, the only thing I ever said was that he was physically the best WR we have.

They are also 2 different WR, I can see C getting more of an opportunity because he could become our deep guy, Niles is a possession guy and Swift/TP are right in front of him.

He is not 250, he looks A LOT slimmer then a few months when he was at 255, he hasn't just lost 5 pounds, he is easily 240.

HI has nothing to do with my thinking, I was VERY high on C coming to NU, and I think he will do very good things at NU.

You act like I said Niles is gonna be the best WR in the country, the only thing I ever said was that he was physically the best WR we have.

They are also 2 different WR, I can see C getting more of an opportunity because he could become our deep guy, Niles is a possession guy and Swift/TP are right in front of him.

x, I'm just going to put this bluntly and let it end here, because I'm really tired of this back and forth.

Castille is closer to 250 than he is 240. That is a complete fact.

Being trimmer has little to do with losing weight. It has everything to do with the fact he cut off baby fat he had carried around from HS. The Castille you see now is one who spent an offseason going thru Hell (aka Dobson) and now you see the results.

To use a current correlation -- look at cage fighters who transform their bodies from fight to fight, even though they do not drop weight. Guys like BJ Penn, Chris Leben, Ken Shamrock, etc., who all got in terrific shape, but still fight at the same weight classes.

Looking more trim has little to do with losing actual weight when you didn't take care of your body in the first place. You cut out the baby fat and you will look that way. Thus is the case with Castille.

I'll straight out say it right now .. CG is our most physically impressive WR for every single thing he can do on the field. Niles cannot hold a candle to CG if you want me to tell you like it is.

CG is ahead of Niles physically, mentally, on the field, off the field, route running, speed .. you can name the part of of the WR game besides consistency in his hands and CG has Niles beat. Simply put, Niles is not all he is cracked up to be, ESPECIALLY when compared to CG.

Look at even Damon Benning, who has always been known for his straight shooting ability when it comes to the Huskers. Even he has straight out said CG is our best young WR. He also said Niles could possibly be out of position. Should that not clue you in just a bit more when someone else like Benning says the essentially the same thing I have told you more than once?

In any case, lets both move on from this thread. You don't care what I have to say and vice versa. Lets leave it at that.