3 Women Want Shoppers To Get Outside Omaha

3 Women Want Shoppers To Get Outside Omaha

Just got this in an email from an old friend (Corina).

I was Best Man in her wedding back in the early '80's..

Their oldest Son was stationed in Iraq, came back home to Omaha after his tour was over and was killed in an auto accident a few weeks later.

Nice to see her in the video going on with life.

Wish I lived close enough to go to her new store.

Please forward this to help us spread the word of The Vintage Villages.

Thanks.

Corina

I am so sorry about her son...he lived through Iraq and then die in a car wreck here..so very sad. The shopping site looks very nice..thx for posting it here. I hope that you are ok..you were best man and you all had to be very close...please take care.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Scott quit UNL and joined the Marines for the benefits shortly after the Wedding..They were stationed at Pendelton for a few years until Desert Storm..I'd gone out to Cal. to visit before he went over and sent mail (tried a new thing called email..had to go to a special location and have it faxed? if I remember right)...but through the years, we'd lost track of each other...They ended up finnishing in Hawaii, and I'd already moved to AZ.

Then, ~8 years ago, the same weekend I'd found out I needed to get Married, Corina contacted me and told me she was flying out here to Mayo Clinic and wanted to get together for lunch..Found out about their oldest joined the Marines like his Dad and went to The War we're currently in.

Within a year of that is when their Son was killed in Omaha..I hadn't seen him since he was ~4 other than pictures.

I still sometimes wish I could move back "Home" someday..The weather sucks hard, but I miss having friends and watching their families grow.

Probably more talkitive than I should be..Kind of a stressful day.

I went to a parenting class this morning (Mandated by the Divorce that's coming in a month?).

On the way home from that, a nice looking vintage "Muscle Car" lost a wheel in front of me and some debris punctured my tire (Although the other car's wheel bounced over my car as I slammed on the brakes on an elevated freeway loop).

Then while getting my tire fixed at Costco, an elderly lady died behind me in line.

:rant