West Coast Offense

zoogs

Article on UCLA and Neuheisel contained this paragraph:

It's also a chance for him (Chow) to replicate what he did at USC: Resuscitate a program victimized by the dreaded West Coast offense.

Before he became a Heisman winner and eventual No. 1 draft choice, USC's Palmer struggled badly enough his first three seasons to nearly get benched. So did Notre Dame's Brady Quinn in two seasons under Tyrone Willingham. The common denominator: Both were bogged down by a highly complicated NFL offense that has rarely been successful at the college level (See: Bill Callahan's failed stint at Nebraska).

"Bill Callahan took a team to the Super Bowl, so far be it from me to critique him," said Neuheisel, "but the West Coast offense in this arena is difficult."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...a.spring/1.html

It's also a chance for him (Chow) to replicate what he did at USC: Resuscitate a program victimized by the dreaded West Coast offense.

Before he became a Heisman winner and eventual No. 1 draft choice, USC's Palmer struggled badly enough his first three seasons to nearly get benched. So did Notre Dame's Brady Quinn in two seasons under Tyrone Willingham. The common denominator: Both were bogged down by a highly complicated NFL offense that has rarely been successful at the college level (See: Bill Callahan's failed stint at Nebraska).

"Bill Callahan took a team to the Super Bowl, so far be it from me to critique him," said Neuheisel, "but the West Coast offense in this arena is difficult."

you can run a west coast offense, but it has to be a simplified version and run mostly off the play action(see boise while hawkins was theres, especially when ryan dimwiddie was QB)

you can run a west coast offense, but it has to be a simplified version and run mostly off the play action(see boise while hawkins was theres, especially when ryan dimwiddie was QB)

but then it isn't really the west coast offense, now, is it? :sarcasm

but then it isn't really the west coast offense, now, is it? :sarcasm

i dunno talk to walsh if you can;) but no when the hired cally the LJS ran an article(i think it was sip) that was talking about all the different WCO run in collage and they mentioned Boise(that was back when they went 11-1(i think they lost the first game of that year then ran the table) and mentioned that if it was to work in nebraska it had to be very close to that, especially with the quarterback we had at the time.