2-star recruits

I had no idea where to put this, but what the hell. Our recruiting class of 2001 had two players Rivals initially rated as 2-Star players. Quarterback Daniel Bullocks was named the "Mr. Football" in Tennessee. His Running Back was brother Josh.

As much as we care about hte hype, these kids are still growing and maturing. Some kids will stop working hard and others will pass them by.

I had no idea where to put this, but what the hell. Our recruiting class of 2001 had two players Rivals initially rated as 2-Star players. Quarterback Daniel Bullocks was named the "Mr. Football" in Tennessee. His Running Back was brother Josh.

As much as we care about hte hype, these kids are still growing and maturing. Some kids will stop working hard and others will pass them by.

Couldnt agree with you more!

This is the exact reason why schools have interviews with recruits, because some kids believe they are God's gift to football and think they dont have to do anything to become better players. Even people who dont play college football know this is not the case, because it is not true in real life.

I agree. Did anyone see that quote from the QB who decommitted from Texas to go to LSU? Something about how he should be able to win the Heisman next year, or at least be a candidate. Unbelievable. I was trying to find it again but I couldn't.

This is the exact reason why schools have interviews with recruits, because some kids believe they are God's gift to football and think they dont have to do anything to become better players.  Even people who dont play college football know this is not the case, because it is not true in real life.

I agree. Did anyone see that quote from the QB who decommitted from Texas to go to LSU? Something about how he should be able to win the Heisman next year, or at least be a candidate. Unbelievable. I was trying to find it again but I couldn't.

I know he said the other 2 qbs at lsu suck basically.

They dont have to be phenom's for us. We need them be part of the team and to do their job. If they mature and work hard, they will be good football players. Good football players produce success no matter how many stars they have. They can be two star recruits and know the offense or defensive schemes like the back of their hand and they will be more valuable than a supreme athlete who cant remember zones.

Will anyone from this class be the 2 star phenom

I personally think that Souder will be a great linebacker later in his career. I think Harvey will eventually start at TE, as well. Rands will be a good punt returner but he doesn't have the size to be a competitive CB IMO. Picou and Pasteur...who knows, I haven't ever seen them play. Wilson could step in and play from day one because of our lack of depth at DB. IMO he'll be at safety. I firmly believe that Souder will surpass all expectations, he's very good. Best player in the state I've heard from most people.