My PS3 disk file's corrupted???

The HDD needs to Be FAT32 ONLY. THE PS3 WILL NOT RECOGNIZE NTFS FORMATTED HDD'S.

Seagate externals seem to work the best for this.....

I found some info you might want to try:

Do the following steps:

1. Take out the PS3 HDD (click open the cover, unscrew the blue screw, slide drive towards the front)

2. Open up WD External USB drive case (runs on a 2.5" HDD)

3. Plug the PS3 HDD into the USB case, and plug it into your PC. (Make sure PC is powered down before plugging in)

4. Run the diskmgmt.msc from the Windows RUN in the START Menu

5. Once the drive comes up, Right-click on it and Initialize it, this gives it a drive letter.

6. Then download this little app http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/download/fat32format.zip

7. Extract it, and run the following command in a DOS prompt: fat32 format e: ***obviously replacing the e: with the drive letter you saw in the disk management window.

8. Plug the HDD back into the Ps3, and it formatted it to it's filesystem.

PS. I found these steps on http://www.ps3forums.com/archive/index.php...hp/t-41928.html

Or try this:

All you need is a friend with a ps3. Swap the hdd's and boot up your friends ps3, format the hdd, put it back in your ps3 and you may need to format it again.

Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

Or this can be a mixed blessing for you to update the HDD to a larger storage size.

I hope this might help....Good Luck :cheers

PSS. If Sony tells you to send it back to them, you will get a re manufactured HDD, which I think kind of sucks. Every time I've received a re manufactured electronic device it takes a sh#t within a year.