My PS3 disk file's corrupted???

So last Friday my girlfriend and I were watching Collateral and after watching the movie, I popped out the movie and I placed in Grand Theft Auto 4 in the PS3 and then I turned it off by the touch pad.

I went to the bathroom and came back to noticed that my girlfriend was passed out and the green light was blinking. I've never seen this before so I turned my TV back on to notice a black screen and then I powered the PS3 off from the back. I then went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I decided that I wasn't tired when I returned so I turned the PS3 back on.

When it came to the screen, it had a message that read "Your Hard Disk File's have been corrupted and will be restored" so I hit the X button to perform the restoring process and my PS3 rebooted and again this message appeared at the main menu. So over and over again I would hit X and it would restore and reboot and this message would appear again.

I went on the computer to google this problem and I'm not the only one with this problem. They say when you pop in a game or when the game is loading to never shut your PS3 off cause it'll ruin the PS3. The loading part is common sense but I've always turned my PS3 off after placing a game or movie in the disc slot ever since I've owned the PS3 for the past 17 months. So I don't know why all of a sudden doing the exact same thing day in and day out it finally did this? So thank god I got the extended warranty at Wal-Mart and will be shipping it out today to get it fixed.....hopefully all of my data will be saved as well as the videos and pictures.

Anybody else have or heard of this problem?

On my 360, NCAA08 football has lost its sound. :dunno:angry:

It makes me angry. And when I first got my 360 I tilted it up after it had been laying on its side while it was on, which was a huge mistake and scratched the heck out of it.

So for 360 40% either doesn't work or doesn't have a sound dedhoarse

It makes me angry. And when I first got my 360 I tilted it up after it had been laying on its side while it was on, which was a huge mistake and scratched the heck out of it.

contact microsoft. you should be able to get a replacement.

contact microsoft. you should be able to get a replacement.

I have contacted EA about NCAA but I dont think they would do anything about the game I broke myself

reformatting the hard drive is the fix i think. Nothing is ruined, other than saved files.

How do you reformate the Hard Drive? I can't do anything with my PS3 cause this message comes up everytime and I can't even watch a movie or do anything :bang

Never...never....NEVER move your 360 while it's on. Most problems with 360s can be avoided by just taking good care of it

Never...never....NEVER move your 360 while it's on. Most problems with 360s can be avoided by just taking good care of it

I think that my PS3 will be alright if I go out and purchase a 120gb or 160gb hard drive that'll fit my PS3. I just honestly think that my hard drive is fried....and if i do purchase a hard drive and it doesn't work, i guess i could get my money back.

I dont know if i would go as far as saying the HD is fried. It may be something with the warnings about not turning the power off or removing the game when it is writing to the HD. Depending on what data string is corrupted, a formatting may be what the doctor ordered