LeBron yells at mom to sit down after hard foul

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8133208...P&GT1=39002

LeBron yells at mom to sit down after hard foulby FOXSports.com

Updated: May 13, 2008, 12:20 PM EST 145 comments add this RSS blog email print Gloria James doesn't like to see her little boy get beat up.

LeBron James yells at mom Gloria to sit down Monday night. See more highlights from the incident and the playoffs. ( / Associated Press)

So when she saw Paul Pierce drag LeBron James into the crowd on a drive to the basket, Gloria jumped up to his defense.

Now, she might want to wash LeBron's mouth out with soap.

As Gloria approached the scuffle, Cleveland's star forward told his mom to sit down, using language that might have offended a few lipreaders.

"I told her to sit down with some language I shouldn't have used. Thank God today wasn't Mother's Day, it was yesterday," James said after Monday night's 88-77 victory.

But James swears he was just looking out for her, trying to make sure she doesn't miss any games.

"Even though that's my mother, the commissioner doesn't care if it's your mother or your kids or anybody, you can't allow fans and players to get involved like that. And I can't afford for my mom not to be at every last one of my games."

Cavs even series with CeltsLeBron's dunk caps Game 4 win

Kriegel: Where have you gone, KG?

Rosen: LeBron finishes strong for Cavs

Photos: LeBron tells mom to sit down

Playoff central: Western | Eastern

Kevin Garnett, trailing on the play, tried to calm her and Wally Szczerbiak approached her for a high five, but Gloria James was too angry to pay attention to either.

Szczerbiak was impressed. "She was fired up. It was great. She was animated, she was pumped up. She's LeBron's mother, she was obviously amped up like the rest of the crowd."

She returned to her seat shortly after, and the Cavs went on to win Game 4 and even the series against the Celtics at two games apiece.

his mother should have never got involved or tryed to what if one of the players thought she was another player from the opposite team and turned around and pushed her or even punched then things would have gotten really out of hand so shes very lucky that she was only told to shut up and sit down