RB Demarco Murray

Player: Demarco Murray

Hometown: Las Vegas, NV

Position: RB

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 185

40 time: 4.49

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Wisconsin

Favorites: Signed with Oklahoma

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:#2/ :star:star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:#8/ :star:star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Looks like a solid, all-around back. Scored a few touchdowns on swing passes and screens. Shifty back with good vision. Good speed. A back that will no doubt be getting more offers and attention as the summer goes on.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 0% Huskers have extended an offer. More info and favorites will be known after summer camps and other commits

I think DeMarco could and should be the one back we take next year. It's early, I know, but I figure if coach Cally, Blake and crew want somebody bad enough, they're gonna have him. I've only watched three RBs films for 2006 so far, Chris Wells, LeSean McCoy (both who are in the top 10) and Murray's, and DM's was easily the best. He's another Lucky guy who just makes all the other guys look like they're in pop warner, except he just has fun running around everyone while Lucky just breezes past them. We'll see what comes of this. I'd give NU 30% just because I believe Murray will be our #1 RB target next year, and we got our fair share of #1 targets this year, including our RB.

• 3 weeks later...

The first thing I thought when I saw this kid's film is some LB persueing the play is just going to punk him. But highlight after highlight he made them miss until the very end. Great balance and vision, just mind boggling moves.

Count on OU to be after him hard. Ryan Reynolds (a 2005 OU commit) was the 5* MLB on this kids team last year, I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Scholarships offered: Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Wisconsin

Favorites: Committed to Oklahoma

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:#2/ :star:star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:#8/ :star:star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Looks like a solid, all-around back. Scored a few touchdowns on swing passes and screens. Shifty back with good vision. Good speed. A back that will no doubt be getting more offers and attention as the summer goes on.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 0%

• 4 weeks later...