Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR4 or Samsung LN52A650

I'm planning on buying a new HDTV and it's gotta be 1080p/i with at least 3-4 HDMI ports. So I've been looking around and these two are my top two choices. I've done a lot of research over the internet on these two and the Samsung got the readers choice award at CNET.com but the Sony 46XBR4 was the best LCD flat panels that they've tested on all of the LCD flat panels and that the 52" should be equal to the 46". So here I'll put some pros and cons and I would like to hear from some other people who own either TV or might know more info than me.

Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR4

Pros

- Bravia Engine

- 3 HDMI Ports

- 120hz

- 2000:1 Contrast Ratio

- PhotoTV HD

- XMB

- Glass frame

Cons

- Price $$$$

- Wished it had 4 HDMI ports

Samsung LN52A650

Pros

- A little red on the black frame

- 50,000:1 Contrast Ratio (Holy S###)

- Instant Access to News and Weather

- 120hz

- 4 HDMI inputs

- PRICE

Cons

- The glare from the screen (can see EVERYTHING reflecting off of the screen)

I have a Sony 46" Grand Wega Rear Projection KDF-46E2K and thats only 720p and it's amazing but the picture isn't as clear as a flat panel. I could get a Sony 60" Rear Projection KDS-60A3000 at Sears for 1499.99 but I want that Clear Crisp Picture. I'm a big Sony supporter but I think that the Samsung is the one for me for now.......... but I could change my mind later.

Anybody have any suggestions or advise????

Ignore contrast ratio when you make your decision. While the theory of contrast ratio is important, no movies are even released with more than ~4,000:1 contrast ratio, so having anything more than that doesn't do you a whole lot of good. What really matters when it comes to displaying bright colors is the brightness levels that it can be set at, so look at that more than contrast ratio.

I don't know what your setup and price limits are, but I would suggest buying a A/V receiver to manage everything, so that way you don't have to worry about HDMI-in to your TV. Plus, having a receiver gives you the option to pick up some surround sound down the line if you want. But you would probably only go that route if you are more into the home theater idea, instead of just a basic TV...

What type are these 2 TV's? Both LCDs?

• 2 weeks later...

Ignore contrast ratio when you make your decision. While the theory of contrast ratio is important, no movies are even released with more than ~4,000:1 contrast ratio, so having anything more than that doesn't do you a whole lot of good. What really matters when it comes to displaying bright colors is the brightness levels that it can be set at, so look at that more than contrast ratio.

I don't know what your setup and price limits are, but I would suggest buying a A/V receiver to manage everything, so that way you don't have to worry about HDMI-in to your TV. Plus, having a receiver gives you the option to pick up some surround sound down the line if you want. But you would probably only go that route if you are more into the home theater idea, instead of just a basic TV...

What type are these 2 TV's? Both LCDs?

Yes

I would definitely go with the Samsung mostly because of price and past experience. They both are very comparable on paper though and really couldn't go wrong with either. The one thing I really like about the Sony is its visual appearance. Its just a bit more stylish.

What type of setting are we talking about? (light, size of space, etc.)