I need help with what kind of router to get

When we first got our high speed internet 4 years ago, we got a crappy D-Link wireless router so that my step dad could use his laptop from time to time. Now, we have 3 laptops and my Xbox connecting to that same router and it just can't handle it all. My Xbox is in my room and the router is on the other side of the house. I'm not getting a good connection and I'm going to get us a new router. There is at least one to two people on the internet at any given time so I need a router that can handle all of that and can get a good wireless range. Please help :worship

I was in the same boat as you and I have 2 PS3's and a laptop on my wireless router. Here is what I have

NETGEAR - RangeMax Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with 4-Port Ethernet Switch $109.99 at Bestbuy. Heres the link. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1197074537600

The qeek squad dude helped me out picking out this one and he told me for what I was using it for it should work and it has. It'll be pretty interesting when I get my new TV and I move my PS3 down in the basement to see if I will still get a good connection.

if you want to, you can also keep your D-Link router and use it as another wireless adapter for the house...so you can have two adapters running to help spread out the area that you can pick up a signal in.

I did this at the company I work at. When I came on board we only had one wireless router for the entire building. Depending where you were at in the building sometimes you couldn't even get a signal. So I bought three Linksys ones and spread them out around the building. All three are wired together but only one of them acts as a DHCP server. The rest just act as an extra WAP.