Boosters growing upset

Redout

Boosters are starting to get pissed. That's not good. They pay the rent. No rent. No house.

By now, some Nebraska football boosters say they're tired of watching.

"I can't believe this," said Dan Hergert, owner of Hergert Oil and a Husker Athletic Fund executive committee member. This is the biggest botch job I've ever seen."

"It's too soon to say this has been a failure," the Omaha lawyer said. "But it's reasonable to worry that this has not gone well, and has been mishandled."

The athletic director can no longer count on the booster support he received even after firing Solich two days after Thanksgiving, they said.

"He has lost some people in the past month," said Kratz, a longtime Touchdown Club and executive committee member.

"I think boosters are questioning him right now. I still have confidence in Steve Pederson, but I will say I'm disappointed."

"Clearly Pederson understands that if his major decisions -- like picking a football coach -- are flops, it's going to have some professional consequences,"Knowles said.

Said Hergert: "I hope he comes up with somebody good. If he doesn't, it's his job on the line."

But as we all know winning also heals everything

I still think that after everything is set, new coach in place, and Pederson sits down and calms everyone they'll all open their checkbooks, just like they always do. Even if Melissa Lincoln was named people would donate. Some people are shallow and need to feel wanted, especially people with a lot of money. They want to be invited to all those nice banquets and have newspapers come to them for quotes when times, like this, get rough.

redout