Harley Huskers

Hi all,

Haven't wrote here before, but I grew up in South Sioux and now live on the outside edge of Sturgis. I was just wondering how many of you ride your bikes here? I started roasting a whole hog this year and I'm thinking of making that hog roasting day --> a HUSKER day in Sturgis every year during the rally.

South Sioux? So, you REMEMBER the smell of the Sewer City packing plants, don't you?!!? Not QUITE as sweet as the pine trees of the Black Hills, huh? I grew up in Salix, (just south of Sioux City) then moved to Hill City in the Black Hills for my High School years. That was many moons ago tho... My family lives up in 'them thar hills' still, so I get to come back for holidays and visits. (This year, I traded a Honda 750 hardtail chopper and bartered for a used electraglide and rode it up for a visit and then for a visit during Sturgis). Have fun roasting that pig carcass! Man, I can't even IMAGINE how good THAT would smell!??? Cooking hog meat AND those sweet pine trees? NICE!

I used to weld a lot --> got a 250 gal fuel tank --> and put in a rotiserairy. Had its head cut off, gutted, holves cut off, skin left on (it than weighed 165 lbs) --> three 20 pound bags of charcoal --> started at 9am and was done at 3pm. I invited people I met at the VFW/DAV/American Legion who happened to be in town for the rally and they had a great time. If anyone is interested shoot me your e-mail address and I will get back with you. We have about 2 acres and the property backs to the national forest --> so we have plenty of parking. Talk later, Bill

South Sioux? So, you REMEMBER the smell of the Sewer City packing plants, don't you?!!?

I grew up in South Sioux. What with IBP down the road, the rendering plant out by Dakota City, and the sewage treatment plant and John Morrell in Sioux City... and those Heelan chicks... Well, let's just say I prayed daily for a west wind of at least 30 mph.

But I have to say, there aren't too many smells that bother me anymore.