Ninersgirl

HSKRNOKC

I just read your post. Please give me some idea on the kind of foods you like so I can narrow it down please. Do you like casseroles? Casseroles go far if you are on a budget...give me some ideas on what kind of dishes you and your wife like and I will work on it and post them as soon as I can.

I have some ideas...have to find the recipes that I am thinking of. Will post them when I find them. I have alot of recipes.

I found these..have alot more..will post some for you each day ok? Hope you find something you all like. Some of these I have tried and some I haven't. You may have to adjust measurements to feed your family. For recipes with chicken...I don't see why you couldn't just buy some rotisserie chicken that is already made at the grocery store to save time...I know Albertson's sell them.

Stir-Fried Beef & Vegetable Soup:

1/2 lb. beef boneless sirloin steak-I would think you could use cheaper steak like thin steaks

1 bag (16 oz.s) fresh stir-fry vegetables

1 bag (about 7 oz.s) fresh stir-fry noodles with soy sauce-flavored sauce

1 can (14-1/2 oz.s) beef or Oriental broth

Remove fat from beef. Cut beef into 1/4-inch slices.

Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until brown. Stir in remaining ingredients and 3 cups of water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered about 5 minutes; stirring occasionally until vegetables are crisp-tender.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Chowder:

2 cans (19 oz.s each) ready-to-serve creamy potato with roasted garlic soup

1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast

1 cup diced fully cooked ham

1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz.z)

Heat soup; chicken & ham in 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.

Slowly stir in cheese. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.

*As a flavor boost & to add color, serve chopped fresh chives or dried dill weed.

Spicy Chicken Chowder:

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

1 can (14-1/2 oz.s) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained

1 can (15 oz.s) spicy chili beans, undrained

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (2 oz.s)

Remove fat from chicken. Cut chicken into 3/4-inch pieces. Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in skillet 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until light brown.

Stir in tomatoes & beans; reduce heat to medium low. Cook uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle each serving with 2 T. cheese.

Quick BLT Salad:

1 pkg. (7.5 oz.s) ranch & bacon pasta salad mix

1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing

3 cups finely shredded lettuce

1 large tomato, coarsely chopped

Empy pasta mix into large pan 2/3 full of boiling water. Gently boil uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.

Drain pasta. Rinse with cold water. Shake to drain well.

Stir together Seasoning Mix from salad mix & mayonnaise in large bowl. Stir in pasta, lettuce & tomato until well blended. Serve immediately.

*Add bacon flavor bits or chips for even more bacon taste.

Cheesy Pasta, Veggies & Beef:

1 lb. ground beef

1 bag (1 lb.) frozen pasta, broccoli, corn and carrots in garlic-seasoned sauce ( or other combination)

1 can (10 oz.s) condensed Cheddar Cheese soup

Cheese flavored tiny fish-shaped crackers

Cook beef in 10 inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.

Stir pasta mixture, soup and 1 cup of water into beef. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with crackers.

One-Pan Pasta and Meaballs:

1 jar (26 to 28 oz.s) tomato pasta sauce (any variety)

1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni pasta (4-1/2 oz.s)

20 frozen fully-cooked Italian-flavor or regular meatballs, 1 inch in diameter (from 16-to 18-oz. bag)

1 can (2-1/4 oz.s) sliced ripe olives, drained

Heat 1 cup of water and pasta sauce to boiling in 10-inch skillet. Stir in pasta, meatballs and olives. Heat to boiling; reduce hat to medium.

Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.

*Can substitute green bell peppers cut into 1/2-inch pieces, or a 6-oz. jar of sliced mushrooms, drained, instead of olives. For added appetite appeal, sprinkle with Parmesan or Mozzarella Cheese.

Southwester Skillet Stroganoff:

1 lb. ground beef

1 jar (16 oz.s) thick and chunky salsa

2 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta (6 oz.s)

1/2 cup sour cream

Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in 1 cup of water, salsa, pasta and 1/2 tsp. of salt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.

Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Stir in sour cream; cook just until hot.

Sausage With Fettucinne:

1 pkg. (9 oz.s) refrigerated fettucini

2 cans (15 oz.s each) Italian-style tomato sauce

1 bag (1 lb.) frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed

1 ring (1 lb.) fully cooked turkey kielbasa sausage-(I would think you could use hot links cut up or any kind you want), cut into 1/2-inch pieces

Cook and drain fettucini as directed on package; keep warm.

Heat tomato sauce, pepper mixture and sausage to boiling in same saucepan. Stir in fettucini; heat through.

*Have fun with this...try spinach fettucini or try different sausages likes chorizo or pepperoni slices.

Garden Chicken and Fettuccine:

8 oz.s uncooke fettucine

3 cups chopped cooked chiken or turkey

3 T. olive or vegetable oil

2 large tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)

Cook and drain pasta as directed on pkg; return to saucepan.

Add chicken, oil, tomatoes and 1 tsp. salt to pasta; toss until evenly coated.

Garden Vegetables, Chicken and Pasta Salad:

1 bag (1 lb.) frozen primavera vegeatables with pasta (or other combination)

1 cup shredded cooked chicken or turkey

2 medium stalks cerlery, sliced (1 cup)

1/4 cup ranch dressing

Cook vegetables as directed on pkg.

Add chicken, celery and dressing; toss until evenly coated.

Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes to cool.

Chicken Tortellini with Portabella Mushroom Sauce:

2 pkgs. (9 oz.s each) refrigerated chicken-filled tortellini pasta

1 T. margarine or butter

3 cups chopped portablla or shiltake mushrooms (6 oz.s)

1 container (10 oz.s) refrigerated Alfredo Sauce

Cook and drain tortellini as directed on pkg.

While pasta is cooking, heat margarine in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms in margarine, stirring occasionally, until brown and tender. Add Alfredo sauce and tortellini. Gently stir until pasta is evenly coated.

Angel Hair Pasta in Garlic Sauce:

1 pkg. (16 oz.s) capelllini (angel hair) pasta

1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

4 cloves garlic, finely chopped

Cook and drain pasta as directed on pkg.

While pasta is cooking, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook parsely and garlic in oi l about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is soft.

Add pasta to mixture in skillet; toss gently until pasta is evenly coated.

*Spread the dish with 1/2 cup freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese for extra spark of flavor. If you are press for time, use 2 tsp.s of jarred chopped garlic for the garlic cloves.

Alfredo Salmon and Noodles:

3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles ( 6 oz.s)

1 pkg. (10 oz.s) frozen chopped broccoli

1/2 cup Alfredo Sauce

1 can (6 oz.s) skinless boneless pink salmon, drained and flaked

Cook noodles as directed on pkg, adding broccoli for the last 4 or 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to saucepan.

Stir in remaining ingredients with 1/8 tsp. of pepper. Cook over low heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until hot.