Take on the game, penalty and future of season

izzyhusker

Hey everyone, I don't post alot, but I was at the game and thought I would share my view. First off I'm gong to address the penalty on Suh and the future meltdown that ensued. It was a penalty, plain as day. A ref is going to protect a quarterback no matter what. When he gives up on a slide or out of bounds, he's off limits, no questions asked. Suh could have easily avoided the hit, he didn't have to dive, Taylor was going out of bounds. It's not like Suh hit him while he was going to the ground, he was on the grounds and then Suh came down on him. Flag is justified. Pelini lost his cool a little and he would probably admit it. There were three stupid penalties that sealed the game in a sense. We had the momentum, had just stopped them on 3rd down, and was getting the ball back down 1 score. We had a meltdown. Taht's the end of that for me.

Defense played very good all things considered. We let some big plays go, but Pelini has always said in this defense you will but it's how you respond that shows the defense. We couldnt get a turnover but with the constant short fields and always on the field, we allowed 35 points that last year would have benn 50 or 60. Our biggest problem on defense was 3rd down conversions. That was the problem.

Our offense was pathetic, GAnz seemed gun shy. Our line looked like they belonged in division 2. That was our problem. The offense never woke up, never got going, flat out never showed up. Then on top of that, our special teams, couldn't tackle, let VaTech get good field position all night. How is our defense supposed to do anymore than what they did.

Here's the best part about the game.

1. I was pissed after a husker loss, haven't had that since Solich, maybe even Osborne.

2. We never quit until there was 5 seconds left. We might lose every game from here on out, BUT if we play hard until the end like we did last night, I can live with it. We aren't a great team, we all know that, but we do play with heart and that makes up for everything in Year 1 after what we were put through last year!!!

Pelini is the right guy, right now. This staff is the right staff right now. The heart and sole of this team was left on that field last night, with a lot of the same players that left there heart and sole at home last year.

GOD it's great to be a husker fan again!!!!!