News: Mike Zimmer contacted for vacancy

Interesting. I wonder how he came across this name? Man it just really seems like this process is completely helter skelter. Probably isnt, b/c SP is allegedly extremely detailed and always prepared, but that sure is the way it seems. And that is all his fault.

:ph34r:

This is according to NZone posted in the coaching forum:

Mike Zimmer, the Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator is on his way to Lincoln right now to interview for the job so reports ESPN radio. He is a defensive genius and might be a wow candidate. Coached at Tampa Bay and may very well help us in the Texas area. Also was an old D coordinator of Washington State.

Thanks for the insight.

To be honest, I don't care if I have ever heard of him or not. Those can sometimes turn out to be the best. There is a good chance he has bid his time, learned as much as he could, asked as many questions as possible and possible now if the situation comes up, he feels comfortable to take a head coaching position.

Some coaches will not jump at the first chance they get to become a head coach. They feel very comfortable in the assisstant role. NU had all of those coaches for how long??? Gill could have gone to another team by now, same for Brown.