Inflammatory remarks post-game

I for one don't know what was said post-game by Chase Daniel regarding Nebraska football, outside of the spitting quotes. However, I do find it somewhat interesting if not questionable, why the author of the article quotes CD directly on the spitting incident and then uses his own words (as the author) to wrap a sentence around the word "dirtiest".

"I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is. That's bush league. That's blatant disrespect," Daniel said.

Daniel called Nebraska one of the "dirtiest" teams he's played.

"You have to settle it out on the field," he said, "and I think we more than did that tonight."

Before convicting Chase Daniel of blasphemy, I would hope HuskerBoard would consider the possibility this author may have embellished CD's "actual" comments for his own reasons.

I have always had great admiration for Nebraska football. As a Missouri fan, the bowl seaon almost always necessitated being a fan of the conference teams (first) as a means to enjoy college football during the holidays.

Chase Daniel has proven himself to be a team player on the field, and a gentleman off the field. I hope Nebraska fans will allow him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I am doubtful Chase Daniel ever made such a statement.

GBR

I for one don't know what was said post-game by Chase Daniel regarding Nebraska football, outside of the spitting quotes. However, I do find it somewhat interesting if not questionable, why the author of the article quotes CD directly on the spitting incident and then uses his own words (as the author) to wrap a sentence around the word "dirtiest".

"I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is. That's bush league. That's blatant disrespect," Daniel said.

"You have to settle it out on the field," he said, "and I think we more than did that tonight."

Before convicting Chase Daniel of blasphemy, I would hope HuskerBoard would consider the possibility this author may have embellished CD's "actual" comments for his own reasons.

I have always had great admiration for Nebraska football. As a Missouri fan, the bowl seaon almost always necessitated being a fan of the conference teams (first) as a means to enjoy college football during the holidays.

Chase Daniel has proven himself to be a team player on the field, and a gentleman off the field. I hope Nebraska fans will allow him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I am doubtful Chase Daniel ever made such a statement.

GBR

Oh, 14 penalties for 101 yards. It may not mean we are dirty, but you get a penalty when you do not play by the established rules of the game. So, I don't care what CD said, he is not too far off.

Oh, 14 penalties for 101 yards. It may not mean we are dirty, but you get a penalty when you do not play by the established rules of the game. So, I don't care what CD said, he is not too far off.

:wtf Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because we had 14 penalties doesn't mean that we are dirty. Most of those penalties were holding and false start. Believe me when I say this but if you watch the game again you'll see a lot of late hit tackles by Mizzou that happened right infront of the referee and weren't even called. The game is over and it's time to move on but to call us "Dirty" you got to be blind and ignorant to not see what Mizzou did as well.

I know there are a lot of Mizzou fans that would agree with me. Hell I'll still stand behind the late hit call that Suh did to VT last week for I thought that it was a good call.

:wtf Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because we had 14 penalties doesn't mean that we are dirty. Most of those penalties were holding and false start. Believe me when I say this but if you watch the game again you'll see a lot of late hit tackles by Mizzou that happened right infront of the referee and weren't even called. The game is over and it's time to move on but to call us "Dirty" you got to be blind and ignorant to not see what Mizzou did as well.

I know there are a lot of Mizzou fans that would agree with me. Hell I'll still stand behind the late hit call that Suh did to VT last week for I thought that it was a good call.

I said we "it may not mean we are dirty", which I do not think it does. I was just pointing out, that it does not bother me, as a fan, what CD said or did not say. We obvious lack discipline as a team or we wouldn't have tied the Nebraska team record for penalties in this game and rank 115th in the nation for the fewest penalties per game and 110th for the fewest yards penalized per game. I am just as embarassed about that statistic as I was our defensive statistic from last year.

GBR

OK, Chief! I'll just forget that I watched him completely rip on NU players and coaches for 3 and a half minutes in front of a bunch of TV cameras.

I said we "it may not mean we are dirty", which I do not think it does. I was just pointing out, that it does not bother me, as a fan, what CD said or did not say. We obvious lack discipline as a team or we wouldn't have tied the Nebraska team record for penalties in this game and rank 115th in the nation for the fewest penalties per game and 110th for the fewest yards penalized per game. I am just as embarassed about that statistic as I was our defensive statistic from last year.

Ya touche. Our players need to play the damn game smarter. I just started laughing while watching that game during the second half because we played poorly. You're comment about what CD said isn't too far off about us being dirty kindof thru me off there for a second.