Big 12 players in the NBA

Blarney

While watching the Big 12 tourney, I saw a stats flash about the two teams ex players currenlty in the NBA. TTech has a whole 3, and OU has a whopping 1, Najera. Which made me realize, I believe NU has at least 5, and maybe 6-7. So I'd have to believe that if we have more than OU & Ttech, what schools in the Big 12 have more than us? And if we are at the top for producing NBA talent, why are we at the bottom for winning in the Big 12? Obviously we have had the talent and have been underperforming, so what gives?

Well, I believe Nebraska has 4 currently. Erick Strickland, Eric Piatkowski and Tyronn Lue and Mikki Moore. I am not quite sure but I think Jaron Boone and Cookie Belcher may have made brief appearances in the NBA, but those 4 have played quite a bit. As far as at the top of the big 12 in producing talent, I don't think that is all that accurate, because Strick, Pike, Lue and Moore have all been gone for 7 years at least. The Huskers haven't had anything resembling a pro-caliber basketball player in quite some time. Another reason why Nebraska is treading water in the shallow half of the Big 12 pool.