Football games in Ames

holvy83

My last Ames experience was great for the most part. It was the first year of the Clownahan experiment. A buddy of mine was the jock washer there so he hooked me and a buddy up with 45 yard line tix right in the middle of the boosters and player parents. We got the greatest reaction walking down to about six rows up from all the little Cloners as we both were decked out in our best Skers gear. Sat right behind Stevie Hicks' mom actually. We were sucking it up as Billy decided to have Joe Daily throw the ball everywhere when there were 100 mph winds racing through Jack Trice. Blythe scores a TD while dropping the ball, we are getting rolled and Hicks scores. Well the Stadium media people go to put Hicks' mom on the big screen and there were me and my buddy decked in Husker red flipping off 48,000 Cloners, it was great. Anyhow we're down big start a comeback, the alcohol is starting to wear off, and there we were standing up going nuts, while the Cloners sat on their hands, yelled threats at us to sit down and were getting worried. However as we all know, it was all for not. So we went down on the field and watched(and laughed our asses off) at the Clone students trying to ter down the posts after beating our average team.

It was a fun trip and the tailgating was a blast, we got a lot of free hooch from Cloners, and the girls at the bars that night were alright too, but not so great that next morning.