Are we still losing players????

You should be able to keep up with our team now. Welcome aboard. We had 31 recruits. If we lose some people, Oh well. Thats just my opinion.

I agree. If they do not want to be here, then let them go. We are starting fresh. We don't need any negative vibes floating around the new blood.

Too true. So, the players that left, are they players who were recruited by the last coach that didn't buy into Callahan's scheme- or players recruited by Callahan that had a change of heart? Are these players quitting altogether or will they transfer and play elsewhere?

31 players are quite a bit. It should be more than enough to fill any gaps. I'll need an eyewitness to tell me how we look in the spring game though, before I make any more comments on them. On paper, it seems we're going to be back on top real soon... I hope Callahan can turn it around with those guys. He should have most of the personnel he was looking for to make his plan work, so there should be no excuses this season... on offense.

I hear we lost the 2 top corners from this season, is that true? With a lot of the atttention being on BC and the offense, the defense, which is what wins championships, is what really needs to be overhauled. The level of intimidation the blackshirts usually bring to the table has diminished over the last few years. Has anything been done to remedy that?

There's an article around this board somewhere about Urban Meyer and what he did when he came to a new school. When he gotthe head job at Bowling Green and then Utah, the first couple days he brought all the players into the gym, lock the doors and set out the trash cans and ran the team. HE did it to weed out the slackers. About a dozen or so left each time.

You should be able to keep up with our team now. Welcome aboard. We had 31 recruits. If we lose some people, Oh well. Thats just my opinion.

I agree. If they do not want to be here, then let them go. We are starting fresh. We don't need any negative vibes floating around the new blood.

Too true. So, the players that left, are they players who were recruited by the last coach that didn't buy into Callahan's scheme- or players recruited by Callahan that had a change of heart? Are these players quitting altogether or will they transfer and play elsewhere?

31 players are quite a bit. It should be more than enough to fill any gaps. I'll need an eyewitness to tell me how we look in the spring game though, before I make any more comments on them. On paper, it seems we're going to be back on top real soon... I hope Callahan can turn it around with those guys. He should have most of the personnel he was looking for to make his plan work, so there should be no excuses this season... on offense.

I hear we lost the 2 top corners from this season, is that true? With a lot of the atttention being on BC and the offense, the defense, which is what wins championships, is what really needs to be overhauled. The level of intimidation the blackshirts usually bring to the table has diminished over the last few years. Has anything been done to remedy that?

We have had several position changes. Some plyers have been moved to D-back. Zach Bowman was very highly sought after recruit from juco. Rivals gave him 5 stars. I think that hes a safety. We also got juco help at linebacker and D line. Without have seen them play, They look big strong and MEAN. I think our d will be as improved as our offense will because of juco help. We lack depth at certain positions. This might make us vonerable to certain teams though IMO.

There's an article around this board somewhere about Urban Meyer and what he did when he came to a new school. When he gotthe head job at Bowling Green and then Utah, the first couple days he brought all the players into the gym, lock the doors and set out the trash cans and ran the team. HE did it to weed out the slackers. About a dozen or so left each time.

That is exactly what my old HS coach did. You figure out who wants to be there and who doesnt real quick that way.

We have had several position changes. Some plyers have been moved to D-back. Zach Bowman was very highly sought after recruit from juco. Rivals gave him 5 stars. I think that hes a safety. We also got juco help at linebacker and D line. Without have seen them play, They look big strong and MEAN. I think our d will be as improved as our offense will because of juco help. We lack depth at certain positions. This might make us vonerable to certain teams though IMO.

So we won't have mostly "green" guys on the defense next season, huh? Well that's a big plus right there. How deep do you think we'll have to go into the depth chart to win games? That schedule seems pretty favorable... I think the team should be quite healthy towards the end of the year and could be poised to make a little run there hmmm? At least make a strong push for the North title?