Bo's weekly news conference

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?ti...p;tb=1&pb=1

Pelini talks about sideline demeanor

Sipple talked with Bo Pelini about his sideline demeanor on Monday night and has a column coming on this tomorrow, so I will try to not step all over his toes with this blog.

But the topic did come up Tuesday at the press conference, for quite a lengthy while actually.

Pelini said he does have a concern about how he looks when the cameras catch him in full emotion on the sideline. The ESPN cameras zoomed in on Pelini often during Saturday night's loss as he screamed into his headset.

"I regret that. Believe me, I was made aware of that by some of my family," he said Tuesday. "Obviously, I wasn't really as much yelling at a kid as I was on the headset. Yeah, I'm very aware of that.

"You have to be aware of it. You got to be careful, especially someone like myself. I'm a highly emotional guys. I got to be careful. ... There's a difference between being animated and using some words you shouldn't use," Pelini said.

Pelini said he did have a brief talk with Tom Osborne about it. "I mentioned it to him first," Pelini said. "Coach Osborne, he understands there's emotions that happen during a game. But he also understands you have to channel those emotions the right way."

The head coach said he feels he has control over his emotion and made a joke when someone asked if he was ever in danger of going off like Woody Hayes. "Maybe on one of you guys," he said to a room of laughter.

"Perception is reality so that's something I need to try to fix."

Cameras showed Pelini grabbing the facemask of defensive end Terrence Moore, who got ejected from the game by officials for getting into it with an OU player during the fourth quarter.

"He's a young man who took a swing at somebody on the field. To me, that's something being very undiscipline, that's something that's not going to be tolerated on our football team," Pelini said. "If I need to grab his face mask so he gets the point across and he looks me in the eye, I'm going to make a point. I'm not going to hit the young man. I'd never do something like that. But I'm going to get my point across in that instance: That isn't our football team and that isn't going to be tolerated in our program. Period."