Assistant changes at end of season?

TheKiD

Gotta be honest. Watching our offense makes me sick. Bubble screens, misdirection.....do we have any fullbacks???? I really think we need to utilize the fullback more instead of double tights. Lucky needs one additional block to bust loose. Anyway, that's why I am staring at a screen and not scripting plays.

I don't like Watson's offense. I just don't. I am old school and I like to pound the ball and mix in some passing. Offense seems too complicated. Never liked Gilmore either (maybe because of the callahan relationship). I felt after yesterday's game that watson could be gone. Just had an eerie feeling.

Friggin bubble screens!!!! I posted before the OU game that we would have a DB jump the route. And look what happened! We aren't fast enough to run that crap.

And will someone please beat the crap outta TECH!!!!

dana-carvey-grumpy.jpg

In my day, we didn't have the forward pass - AND WE LIKED IT!!!

:D

And PLEASE if you can, go back and look at the first INT in the OU game. Watch Petersen on the outside. He is supposed to lock up the DB, allowing the slot to take a step over, and a step out. Petersen doesn't even make contact with the DB, allowing him to make the play. It's not rocket science just ONE busted assignment. To use that one play to damn the hole philosophy, fails to look at what type of impact these plays have had on the rest of the offense.

Actually the pass was intended for Peterson and Swift was to be the lead blocker. However, the Sooner DB was breaking on that route before the ball was even snapped. There was no way for Nate to even get a hand on the guy he had such a good break. That my friends is from watching film and catching other teams tendencies. So actually it wasn't one assignment, it was obviously a easy to pick up tendency, maybe like a screen to Roy on third and 6 or more yards out of the ace(two TE's and two WR's for non football players).

All said no way we dump Watson. That would screw things up royally with Cody Green.