A Bad Joke Gets Worse

Ok so election night a co worker of ours is wearing an Obama shirt. Now this is against company policy, so she was asked to remove the shirt or reverse it which she did. One of my co workers chimed in that, that T-shirt would look good sitin out 300 yards from his house. Then another worker says yea that be great for target practice. Ok you know my distaste for obama but that was just stupid for them to say. Of course what makes them and the joke even dumber is that the wrong people heard it and took it to HR. 30 minutes latter both of those gentlemen were removed from the premesis until a further investigation can be had. Now we are a world wide company based in another state so the head honchos from that state had to come down to do the investigation. To make matters worse the woman who turned them in is filing with Afirmative Action, ESPCA and a couple others. Oh how one bad joke to the wrong person can be so devistating.

A football player from Texas put a racial slur about Obama that he received in an "email" on his facepage or whatever and got booted from the team. PC is still very much alive and thriving. Unfortunately, people take off the cuff, sarcastic or just plain stupid comments during everyday conversation and become McCarthy reincarnated. sad! Look out for the thought policia next. Can anyone say "Minority Report". :)

GBR

You don't joke about killing or shooting the president. I put this in the same category as making a joke about having a bomb when you are at the airport. Those type of things are always treated seriously. I don't happen to agree that it is necessarily the appropriate reacton, but it is stupid to expect any different result when you say something like that.

You don't joke about killing or shooting the president. I put this in the same category as making a joke about having a bomb when you are at the airport. Those type of things are always treated seriously. I don't happen to agree that it is necessarily the appropriate reacton, but it is stupid to expect any different result when you say something like that.

A little joke or comment can be so telling.