Metro Station Concert Backstage Interview

I thought the interview was well done. Good job. I hadn't heard of them but I'm not really into the newer bands these days anyways so it's not that surprising.

Yeah..Good job..12 year old girls are scary..

Now that I've all but thoroughly bashed this kid on the state of Popular Music (sorry).

I think we should all fess up and write down the embarrassing pop music we all jammed to as kids.

Um..

Mozart?

(OK..I'm not THAT old..But from what I've read, he was bashed for being too unstructured or something).

Leo Sayer?

Player?

Pablo Cruise?

Neil Sedakka? (Last comeback).

Elton John?

Abba?... for a lost weekend.

Journey?

Styx?

Genesis?

Dude remember Air Supply??

Yikes!

The Religious girl I was trying to score with liked them..And the Little River Band...And Chuck Mangione.

But she put me in the "Let's be Friends" section right off the bat, so I didn't have to buy the albums..but yeah..they got way too much airplay.

So where did all this "manufactured" music? get started, what with weak voiced dancers having their voices amplified and smothed out..and a group of writers writing songs for them..and studio musicians to play the instruments for them?

The "Prefab Four"? (Monkees)

Is this girl a virgin because if she is ill tell what ya need to do. Ive been in that boat before.

As for the song, "Shake It" was a Top 10 Billboard Hit, and has garnered 20 million video hits on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpU78IeTx_c

And the band has sold 500,000 worldwide. Not bad for a debut album.

And we all know..

Tremendous popularity and $ales proves it's good.

Just like McDonalds selling 8 billion hamburgerspucks proves they're better than your own burgers on the grill.

The same kind of thinking that got what most consider the greatest guitarist ever (Jimi Hendrix) to get Boo'ed off the stage at a Monkees concert back when I was 7 years old.

The Monkees had some great songs.

I guess that's sort of my point.

Pop music probably never has been that well respected by serious musicians..Mainly because it was all fluff and no substance.

The Monkees best songs were written by Neil Diamond, Carol Bayer Sager, Neil Sedaka, John Stewart, Harry Nilsson, Carol King, David Gates (Bread), Tommy Boyce, and Bobby Hart...

I give the four "Actors" credit..They did try to write a few of their own songs later on, and tried to learn how to actually play their instruments before their popularity waned.

Throughout history there were lots of Pop(ular) performers that couldn't write their own music..

Sinatra?, Elvis Pressley...But they did some great songs.

I guess we should try to cut these pop music fans some slack..15 years from now, they'll probably hear a Brittney Spears song in an Elevator or a Dr's office and get all nostalgic and remember it as a great song (mainly) because it reminds them when things were simpler and they had no worries.

Yea, but setting up the interviews can take hours over a week or two timespan. Also, not every idea or interview goes through. Sometimes you will call 3 or 4 different people to set something up, only to be shut down last minute.

The other hassle is once you have the interview, you have to edit it (which for a good video takes 3-4 hours, usually over several days). Working with HD with today's technology is still a pain in the ass as well (computer crashes, random issues, etc.)

You're right though - in the end, having the opportunity to meet these people, and then putting the finished product out there for people to see is awesome.

This weekend I am doing a media promotion tour in Omaha for this video. I'm going on several radio stations and shooting a commercial to promote this video's premiere on December 10th. Should be fun!

I also want to do a final Bowl video on this year's Husker team... We'll see

- Bryan