Fark, Caption & Riddle Contests

slacker

Riddle Contests

This should be entertaining and profitable for the winners. Huskerboard point value will be posted with each riddle.

The basics of how this works:

1. I will post a statement / question / riddle...

2. You will ask yes or no questions about the statement, only YES / NO questions.

3. In response I will add YES or NO to the end of your posted questions. If I reply with an UNKNOWN, it's not important to the solution.

4. You ask more questions if necessary.

5. If you think you have the correct answer spell it out. I will not sum up your yes no questions, you have to piece them all together to get the answer. The person who guesses correctly first wins.

6. The winner earns husker bucks, buys husker gear and becomes a much happier person!

A few rules:

1. No using search engines to find the answers, that means no googling, yahooing... I will try to make it impossible to find the answer like this anyway.

2. No editing your post after I have edited with the correct answered.

3. More rules to come if need be.

4. Don't answer the riddles if you already know the answer. It doesn't give other members to participate.

5. Points will be awarded at the discretion of the moderator. For example, if you pull a number 4, you won't receive any points.

Here's an example of how one of these might play out. The bolded text would be added by me.

A man is lying dead in a room with 53 bicycles on top of him. What happened?

Was he drunk? NO

Did he rob a bike store? NO

If he did rob a bike store did he crash his car in the getaway?NO

Did the bicycles kill him?NO

Was he a stocker in a retail store of bicycles?NO

Was he putting the bicycles together?NO

Was his death an accident?NO

Was his death a murder?YES

Was someone else involved?YES

Was he shot?YES

Was he poisoned?NO

Was he hit by bicycle parts?NO

Was he beaten?NO

Was he killed by wild animals?NO

Was he shot during a bicycle race and run over by 53 bikes?NO

Is the man a human?YES

or a dog?NO

or a cat?NO

or a card?NO

or an animal?NO

Did the man ever live?YES

Are the bicycles actually in contact with him?YES

Did the bicycles cause his death?NO

Did the bicycles hit him?YES

Did the bicycles hit him and cause immediate injury?NO

Is it a bike store?NO

Are the bicycles playing cards the man was playing?YES

Did the man cheat at playing cards?YES

Was the man playing cards with bicycles on them and was caught cheating and was shot then the cards were on top of him? THAT'S THE ANSWER

WE HAVE A WINNER

The bikes are pictures on a 53 deck of playing cards, the man was shot for cheating in poker!

Create your own caption contests. Winner gets a husker buck!

How it will work:

1. I will post a picture.

2. You come up with a caption and post it.

3. At the end of a predetermined time I will add a poll for everyone to vote on the best caption.

4. Winner gets a Husker Buck, buys Husker Gear and becomes a much happier person.

Rules / Guidelines:

1. Try to keep your captions to one per contest. If you must post more then one caption I will pick the one I like best or least for the poll.

2. No editing of your posts once the poll has begun.

3. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by who submitted their caption first.

4. More to come if needed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fark Contests: Winner received a husker buck.

How it will work:

1. A mod will post a picture to begin the contest.

2. You can fark it however you like, add text, modify background / foreground, add clippings from other pictures, let your image editor be your guide.

3. At the end of the week, one submitted farked image per person will be added to a poll post.

4. Image that received the most votes receives a husker buck.

Rules / Guidelines

1. Members can post multiple entries, but only 1 can be voted on, if you make a subsequent entry you will need to indicate which one you want to be in the contest.

2. If you do not indicate which one you want your first submission will be used.

3. No offensive content in the farks, this will result in disqualified and could possibly gain a strike against you.

4. Other rules to come if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
Little change to the weekly contests, with PPP being discontinued Blackshirt has sweetened the deal a bit.

Reward for Winners

Riddles: 3 points

Caption: 3 points

Fark: 5 points

We gonna do another fark one of these days? I never had the time to do anything for the last one.

Ahh, now the reward's up to 5 points, I see there's interest :lol:

Just kidding, yep, I'll start a new one in soon, maybe tomorrow.

• 4 months later...

Added rules 4. and 5. to the riddle contest rules.

4. Don't answer the riddles if you already know the answer. It doesn't give other members a chance to participate.

5. Points will be awarded at the discretion of the moderator. For example, if you pull a number 4, you won't receive any points.