Gator Bowl opponent disappointment

C N Red

I would rather be favored in a bowl ,and I think we will begetting 7 against Clemson, than be playing someone we have no chance of beating, any ranked team, so we need to focus on the task at hand or we will lose this game.

Wow, what great faith you have in the Huskers. No chance to beat any ranked team huh? I seem to remember taking Texas Tech to overtime when we still playing pretty poorly. We could beat a whole bunch of ranked teams right now, with the way we are playing now.

The only way back to the top is to play the best teams out there. padding our number of wins against lesser teams makes us like K-State. I wish we were playing G-Tech, because they are a much better team than Clemson or FSU.

I'm having trouble understanding why some of you are scared to play a team we may not beat and won't be favored over?? We should want to be challenged as much as possible. Also, if we're gonna win, let's make it over a team that can help our perception Nationally and possibly get us ranked. I have no problem playing Clemson, but I'm just saying beating them is not gonna do anything for our perception. Take it as you want, but beating GT would look alot better!! And, I don't care if we are favored in a game or not, I go into every game knowing if we play hard we can win!!

I would rather be favored in a bowl ,and I think we will begetting 7 against Clemson, than be playing someone we have no chance of beating, any ranked team, so we need to focus on the task at hand or we will lose this game.

Wow, what great faith you have in the Huskers. No chance to beat any ranked team huh? I seem to remember taking Texas Tech to overtime when we still playing pretty poorly. We could beat a whole bunch of ranked teams right now, with the way we are playing now.

The only way back to the top is to play the best teams out there. padding our number of wins against lesser teams makes us like K-State. I wish we were playing G-Tech, because they are a much better team than Clemson or FSU.

I'm having trouble understanding why some of you are scared to play a team we may not beat and won't be favored over?? We should want to be challenged as much as possible. Also, if we're gonna win, let's make it over a team that can help our perception Nationally and possibly get us ranked. I have no problem playing Clemson, but I'm just saying beating them is not gonna do anything for our perception. Take it as you want, but beating GT would look alot better!! And, I don't care if we are favored in a game or not, I go into every game knowing if we play hard we can win!!

Couple of things: 1)some of the hesitation comes from chronic scars/dread built up over the times we were playing in the Orange Bowl every freaking yr and getting whooped by fast southeastern teams playing in their own territory; 2) right now I don't think national perception is as important as the self perception the team would have if they went 9-4 instead of 8-5. I don't think the outcome of a game vs any of the teams we could face(even GT) would matter to too many people nationally--maybe only a little for a short time. The Gator Bowl is more or less off the national radar--i.e., nobody outside of NE would really care THAT much.

I think we could beat any of the teams listed in close, hard fought battles, but to me, maybe it's better we play a slightly lesser team, get a win, just have a better looking record--like I said, just for the psyche of a young team on the up and up. On the flip side, a win over GT WOULD be a big confidence booster.

That being said, I don't think Clemson is going to be a much 'easier' foe than, say, GT. So maybe it really doesn't matter. :dunno

BRING 'EM ON! :box:lol: