Buffalo!

xkbubo

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others/0-2-279/...-t-be-done.html

"After Friday's game, representatives from the International Bowl offered an invitation to the Bulls to their Jan. 3 game, which they accepted. Manuel said the entire 1958 team, several members of which have been around the program most of the year, will also get complimentary trips to Toronto to play the representative from the Big East.

"The president and I have decided that the 1958 team will have a bowl experience, and they will be coming with us and we will have them with us, as many of them that want to come, to Toronto for the International Bowl," Manuel said. "They're a part of it. It's great to do it on the 50th anniversary and we look forward to them finally having, after 50 years, the bowl experience they rightly deserve.""

And they're taking the 1958 team with them to the bowl. How cool is that? Those guys finally get their bowl trip. :horns2

Congratulations Turner and Buffalo!

Here's hoping you stay there in Buffalo to finnish what you started..Would Syracuse even be that much of a step up?

Great story about the '58 Bulls..But since they're all pretty much in their Seventies by now and ex-footballers..You might want to take them to someplace warmer than Toronto.

And lock up all the retirement homes in Canada that week! chuckleshuffle

And they're taking the 1958 team with them to the bowl. How cool is that? Those guys finally get their bowl trip. :horns2

Here's hoping you stay there in Buffalo to finnish what you started..Would Syracuse even be that much of a step up?

Great story about the '58 Bulls..But since they're all pretty much in their Seventies by now and ex-footballers..You might want to take them to someplace warmer than Toronto.

Oh baloney.. I say take every last one of them. Hope Turner makes it to the BCS with this school. I'd love to see that happen.. as long as he doesn't play *US*! :lol:

"After Friday's game, representatives from the International Bowl offered an invitation to the Bulls to their Jan. 3 game, which they accepted. Manuel said the entire 1958 team, several members of which have been around the program most of the year, will also get complimentary trips to Toronto to play the representative from the Big East.

"The president and I have decided that the 1958 team will have a bowl experience, and they will be coming with us and we will have them with us, as many of them that want to come, to Toronto for the International Bowl," Manuel said. "They're a part of it. It's great to do it on the 50th anniversary and we look forward to them finally having, after 50 years, the bowl experience they rightly deserve.""

Turner is Finnish?! No way......

Here's hoping you stay there in Buffalo to finNish what you started..Would Syracuse even be that much of a step up?

You mean you couldn't tell?

That accent, and his last name?

The classic Scandinavian male pattern baldness thing he's got going should've tipped you off.

Here's hoping you stay there in Buffalo to finNish what you started..Would Syracuse even be that much of a step up?

You mean you couldn't tell?

That accent, and his last name?

The classic Scandinavian male pattern baldness thing he's got going should've tipped you off.

U r right again '37', the clues musta escaped moi...... But now I ask, do the Bulls and the city of Buffalo, NY want to be 'Finnished'? I dunno 'bout that, sounds rather ethnocentric on Mr. Gill's part.

I would be VERY excited about a TG hire. He seems like class across the board and has a fire in the belly that I think will allow him to compete and excel. ANYONE who can do what he has done at Buffalo has got their act together.

I'm not so concerned about Turner being good enough for AU; more like concerned AU not patient enough to endure some down years......

I would be VERY excited about a TG hire. He seems like class across the board and has a fire in the belly that I think will allow him to compete and excel. ANYONE who can do what he has done at Buffalo has got their act together.

I'm not so concerned about Turner being good enough for AU; more like concerned AU not patient enough to endure some down years......

I actually think we are willing to. There are ways other than W/L record to see if the program is heading the right direction. Nobody is going to stand losing more than 3-4 years. Not us. Not ya'll. Northwestern maybe.

I actually think we are willing to. There are ways other than W/L record to see if the program is heading the right direction. Nobody is going to stand losing more than 3-4 years. Not us. Not ya'll. Northwestern maybe.

Why did you guys nix Tubberville anyway? He's pretty top flight IMO.

Along with Gill, I think you guys should make a serious push for Brian Kelly, I could see him as a perfect fit at AU and is farther along as an HC.

But Gill could be very good too.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30959

I don't disagree about Brian Kelly but it appears he is not leaving Cincinnati.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30959

I don't disagree about Brian Kelly but it appears he is not leaving Cincinnati.

Well, AU should make BK an offer he can't refuse. Otherwise, ND will scoop him up after they can Weis the end of next year and I would HATE to see BK with the Domers cuz then I would be forced to hate him!