Regional Finals: NU vs. UW

One win away from getting back to Omaha!

The game is on ESPNU @ 10:30 PM CDT.

All other regional finals are also on ESPNU throughout the day today. In case you want to check out the other teams vying for a spot in the Final 4.

Penn St. and Cal are playing right now (EDIT: Penn St. came back from 7 points down to take the 1st set)

5:30 p.m. Iowa State at Texas

8 p.m. Stanford vs. Hawaii

That was the volleyball equivalent of the Colorado football game.

The Huskers outscored Washington 12-4 to win the fifth set after falling behind 9-3 to start. That included a stretch of nine straight points (we did get the help of one questionable call). Just to get it to five sets after losing the first two sets was amazing. A phenomenal match...WOW! That rivals the five set match in Austin a couple of years ago, except there was even more on the line last night.

I'm glad the ladies get one more chance to play in front of a Nebraska crowd. Win or lose against Penn State, this has been a remarkable season for the Huskers. Great job!

The #1 ranked Penn State team which Nebraska has next is considered by many to be the 'Greatest of All Time'... the defending national champsions, they returned EVERY starter from last year and have not lost a single GAME this year... and continue to add to their NCAA record string of consectutive game wins dating to last year when they won the national championship.

HERE'S A FACTOID FOR YOU THOUGH. Early last year, before Penn State started on that consecutive string of game wins... they suffered a SWEEP... to WHO?

That's right... your HUSKERS... AT THE QWEST CENTER!

The Qwest Center is going to be rocking again Thursday night! Let's give them BACK-TO-BACK SWEEPS! Go Big Red!

how lucky as big red fans are we to be able to have our v-ball team playing in the final four IN OUR BACKYARD! this is a once (well, twice ;) in a lifetime opportunity. i know we'll fill the qwest and have the house rockin'

penn state can go suck on an egg....a big sweeping egg! go big red!

on a side note, i was interested in what the attendance numbers would have been if the lady 'skers hadnt made it to omaha. guess we wont have to worry about that now, eh?

What an absolutely incredible game! Stayed in last night and watched the entire thing with my girlfriend. Glad we decided not to watch a movie after the second set!

I didn't go to sleep until about 6:00 this morning because I had so much adrenaline after that. Woke up about 2 hours ago. :lol:

Bring on Penn State!

Also, here's a link to some highlights in case anyone missed it.

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa

Click on the Highlights tab and then scroll to the bottom and it should be there.