Player: Alex Turner

Hometown: Las Vegas, NV

Position: DE

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 234 lbs.

40 time: 4.77

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Oregon, San Diego State, Stanford, UCLA, UNLV, Utah, Washington

Favorites: Oklahoma, Oregon, San Diego State, Stanford, UCLA, UNLV, Utah, Washington

COMMITTED TO STANFORD

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN

ESPN lists him as 6'2'' 240 lbs.

I mentioned before how I would give Ron Coleman a shot at DE and someone said he was too short for DE bc they like them to get their hands up, which makes complete sense. However this guy is 6 foot and some pretty decent schools have offered him. Maybe its not for DE.

or his wingspan could be bigger...

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned before how I would give Ron Coleman a shot at DE and someone said he was too short for DE bc they like them to get their hands up, which makes complete sense. However this guy is 6 foot and some pretty decent schools have offered him. Maybe its not for DE.

or his wingspan could be bigger...

While you certainly can't expect a guy that's 5'5" and 130 lbs to have any kind of impact on a D-1 level, at the same time you can't become so caught up in measurables that you ignore productivity. Some guys just produce - even if they are undersized. I suspect that's the case with this kid - if that's true, and he has a high motor, huge heart and is coachable, all of a sudden his measurables mean a lot less...

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...