Interesting article about former player

Thanks Blackshirt,

I really like this site, there are some very good fans on here. I include FF in that even though I do not see eye to eye on everything with him. I do believe he loves this program, just as the rest of us do. He sees things just a little different than most. It is the resonsibility of the staff to make his vision better. That being said, it is his responsibility to look for improvement. I think if I hear from him that he is willing to look and hope for improvement my thoughts of him will be much higher. As fans though we should look for those same improvements and if they are not there, then we need to be concerned. I have seen enough to think we are headed in the right direction. Two years from now I may have second thoughts. Who knows.

formerfan,

Feel free to move out of Nebraska at any time.  Just by your commentsalone, it's pretty obvious that you are less a Nebraskan or Husker fan than anyone I know.  I could care less what awful, horrible, no-good, very-bad things you have lived through.  You're a bitter, dried up prune.  Go join a Barbcat BBS so you can pine over Feckless Frank.

Solich was a terrible head Coach.  He drove the Huskers right down to mediocre-town.  Callahan has to clean up his mess, and he's doing a fine job.

Instead of "Bill the Idiot", I proclaim you "formerfan the Idiot".

I know this conversation has been getting pretty intense, which is fine to an extent. But as a friendly reminder b/c 1huskerfan is still pretty new, the one thing we CAN NOT allow is name calling, i.e. "FF the idiot". I realize it's a pretty soft jab overall, but I think we can all agree that we dont want this board to turn into a big name calling contest.

And remember that if you really need to vent, feel free to do so in the 'Behind the Woodshed' forum. Just remember that while some friendly fire is acceptable, member threats are not.

Thanks for your cooperation.

My apologies. I was out of line.

I really like this site,  there are some very good fans on here.  I include FF in that even though I do not see eye to eye on everything with him.  I do believe he loves this program, just as the rest of us do.  He sees things just a little different than most.

Gets it :thumbs

On another note, congrats on your 58th :cheers and good luck on your upcoming competition :horns2

For me, aging is hell. :lol: I surely wouldnt want to run 3 miles or bike 40, major props :worship

FF, I have been competitive for as long as I can remember. But mountain biking is a great sport. A good mountain bike and a couple of rides in the local park a week will change your whole out look on life. My wife rides a couple of times a month. Sometimes once a week. Doing that she can still go to Utah and do some of the hardest trails. It does not take much to get back in shape on a bicycle. Much easier than running. It does not hurt anywhere near as bad, except on your butt for the first few rides. The key is to get a good one. They do not have good bikes at Wallmart. Go to a good Bike shop or the Internet. Any Brand name bike with LX components is good enough to start on. My first bike cost just a little over 500.00 about 15 years ago. I thought that was the dumbest thing I ever did. Now mine is worth well over 5000.00 retail, and am thinking about moving up again. The better the bike the easier the ride.

Of course I ride close to 1000 miles a month so I am not your average rider. But it clears my head and keeps me in great shape. Fresh air, birds, an occasional 20 year old female jogger or rider, makes the day go by a lot easier. lol. Quiet, serene, you see things you never see driving. But going to the mountains and doing it is paradise. The beauty of this earth, the wildlife and the flowers that normally you take for granted driving by become part of your life. Makes your time here better. You need to fight age with every ounce you can muster, because you only have so much time. Use it wisely, it is never time to give up.