I want Missouri's style of ball at NU

i would agree that announcer in most people's perceptive. NU is fun to watch on defense, but the slow offense is boring to watch. personally i dont mind personally but i know most want more action

I started this thread, but now I'm not so sure about having a fastbreak offense. Michigan State has made it to the final 4 by having a half court offense, and keeping high octane teams in the 60's. They totally frustrated Louiville, who had put 100 points in one game. We are never going to get MacDonald All Americans at Nebraska, so I think slowing the game down might be the only way we ever make it.

H4E, Missou and NU split remember. Docs scheme works, its far and away the better scheme for teams knocking on the door against B12 competition, the horses needed to make the scheme productive, night in and night out were just not there.

Rebounding and shooting were woeful last season, give Doc, Bears accuracy on the outside and on the pull up drive, and you've given the team a better shooter than what we had, once Velander went cold it was over for the tournaments. Rebounding will be so much better next year with the new PF and centers, this could be huge as so often the teams had 3 4 & even 5 attempts because we could not get the rebounds, a bigger inside game turns these stats inside out. B Richardson and Mccray will be even more effective next year, the new point guard should also provide the depth and skill sets missing to help execute plays, which were not productive due to the size miss matches.

IMO Doc should not abandon his defensive style and slower tempo, judging from some of our wins, the style frustrates opponents and with a deeper bench the frustration will lead to more productivity. Free throw shooting must improve, we were flat out lousy in some very close games, with upgraded rebounding, better shooting, and charity stripe improvement, NU's team could deal all opponents fits, those who assume that because we dont have the MAC D AA, we cant win are wrong. Doc counterprograms opposition which frustrates the teams who are designed to run and gun. There is absolutely no game next year that this new assemblage cant beat. IMO the 09 team goes to the 64, if the want too comes out.....playing NU should be a study in taking away what opponents thought they could do, having more productive players who execute will determine our change in fortunes. The 08 version played hard and tough, but its components were just short on execution with respect to limitations that size interjects on a basketball game.

while i agree with you, there is just one point i think you are missing. is that all that you mentioned should happen. but you never know if niemann and diaz or even bear, or any other new guy will be as good as we all hope they will be. I have being negative about this but it is the truth. I really hope it happens, but you are talking like it is a lock, which its not. remember Diaz chose to redshirt, not that might be a smart move and he could not have been ready. but my question is why. i rather had a player who wants to get out on the court whenever he can, and why wasnt he ready, had he been slacking when someone wasnt pushing him to work out. that doesnt seem like a Doc player to me.

Also this isnt just you but why is everyone saying their will be a new point guard next year. Yes Cookie is short and may not be as talented as other big 12 point guards. but he has led the team for two years (granted, led to NIT, but still led). and what about Sek, he can be inconsistent but still he has proven he can play. I dont know. but the way everyone (including Doc) is talking it sounds like we dont have any point guards, when really we have two that have started. now i have thought by the way Doc says NU needs a point guard and some scholarships might become avalible that he may be hinting at Cookie to transfer, but to me that would be a shame (and a dick move).

i dont really know i guess, just wanted to voice my opinion.

Also glad to see more people thinking the half-court offense can work at NU. it might not be as fun to watch, but it can get the job done.