Down-to-Earth Winner

And to continue the toilet theme, this woman's got her priorities in line..

Newly rich, Lettie Kistler remains a practical woman.

The 86-year-old Tacoma resident won last Saturday’s $2.04 million Quinto drawing. Her top priorities for the money? Furniture and household cleaning supplies, according to a news release issued by Washington’s Lottery.

“I’m going to buy a new davenport,” Kistler told lottery officials when she picked up her check for $1.5 million – her winnings minus taxes. “And one of those long-handled brushes to clean out the toilet. Then I don’t have to lean way over and scrub.”

Kistler apparently has been coveting the special brush for some time but didn’t think she could afford it on her Social Security income, lottery officials reported.

Kistler’s son, Joe, bought the lucky ticket at the 2GO Tesoro station, 8306 Tacoma Mall Blvd. in Lakewood. The winning combination was the nine of spades, five of spades, jack of hearts, two of diamonds and four of clubs.

The pair has played the lottery for years under the agreement they would split the prize money if one of the tickets paid off big, lottery officials said.

“But when she won, she said, ‘No way, I’m keeping this all to myself,’” Joe Kistler joked in the news release.

He plans to buy a new Dodge truck with his cut of the winnings.

Quinto drawings are held each Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. The record payout for a winning Quinto ticket went to a Port Orchard woman in March. Her take: $4.86 million.

Source