OK. Seriously

Are you kidding me? Why would that be? Not going to happen and it shouldn't either.. Jesus i'm sick of the what have you done for me lately football attitude being pulled into this.. JUST LAST YEAR WE HAD A GREAT SEASON OFF A TEAM THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE ANYTHING. But that must just because the players right? Nothing to do with Anderson. Jesus. 2 bad innings in 2 games cost us here.. the 8th yesterday and the 6th today. Nesseth wasn't sharp.. God forgive our next future MLB pitcher has a bad night.... I mean, sophomores in college are perfect at all times arent they? They are a young team who just hasn't put it all together yet.. Not to mention A&M was consensus favorite to win the big 12 and possibly CWS at the beginning of the year.. and we're playing there. Things started to go wrong and they couldn't buckle down and get out of it... Nothing a coach can do at that point.. I think Anderson and Co is doing a helluva job getting them to come back day after day and compete... down 2-1 going into the bottom of the 6th today with Nesseth coming in? 99% of husker baseball fans would of taken that. After the way the season has gone with the pitching.. It's getting better as it should as the season goes on. It's not 4 runs every inning now, it's one big inning. I'll take that..

Mike Anderson needs to be fired. I have been saying this for the last few years. And this isn't what have you done for me lately type of thinking, if you refer to our past discussion havoc, I brought the stats and figures to PROVE that he has done NOTHING of significance. How can you honestly say that a 10 game losing streak in conference is acceptable. In those 10 games we have been outscored 95 - 31. At this point, Anderson can't even stake claim to acceptable coaching. Isn't he still the hitting coach for the team? If thats the case you can't be outscored by 64 runs (not to mention the 15-0 beat down by Creighton in the midst of the streak) and think that he is still doing an ok job.

The argument could be made that we did lose games to teams that are ranked in the top 25, and those can be considered acceptable losses due to talent differences between the two clubs. But that does not justify the run differential in the losses. The closest games we have played during that time frame are two 2 run games, one each to Texas and K-State.

I have not been following the team the past week as I have been out of town and away from a computer. Those types of losses do not reflect upon "1 bad inning" being our problem. There are bigger problems on this ball team, and there have been for quite a while now. We have some bright young talent, probably not MLB caliber however, that should be playing at a higher level then this.

IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!

Mike Anderson needs to be fired. I have been saying this for the last few years. And this isn't what have you done for me lately type of thinking, if you refer to our past discussion havoc, I brought the stats and figures to PROVE that he has done NOTHING of significance. How can you honestly say that a 10 game losing streak in conference is acceptable. In those 10 games we have been outscored 95 - 31. At this point, Anderson can't even stake claim to acceptable coaching. Isn't he still the hitting coach for the team? If thats the case you can't be outscored by 64 runs (not to mention the 15-0 beat down by Creighton in the midst of the streak) and think that he is still doing an ok job.

The argument could be made that we did lose games to teams that are ranked in the top 25, and those can be considered acceptable losses due to talent differences between the two clubs. But that does not justify the run differential in the losses. The closest games we have played during that time frame are two 2 run games, one each to Texas and K-State.

I have not been following the team the past week as I have been out of town and away from a computer. Those types of losses do not reflect upon "1 bad inning" being our problem. There are bigger problems on this ball team, and there have been for quite a while now. We have some bright young talent, probably not MLB caliber however, that should be playing at a higher level then this.

IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!

Thing is, our hitting is fine. A&M has a great staff.. we should of got more runs than we did in the series, but they are great. UT has a GREAT staff.. maybe the best in the nation, and we hit the ball and took advantage of situations in that series. I haven't even looked at anything from today's games. We hit poorly against K-State, against Creighton, and against A&M... Even against K-State we scored 3 runs off of AJ Morris who had an ERA of .52. yea, that's about 1 earned run per 18 innings pitched and we scored 3 off of him.. That's not a terrible performance by any means. Against A&M? Both friday and saturday games were a case of 1 bad inning. If you don't believe it, look at it. The comment i made was about the A&M games and it's true.

Nothing of significance? Winning the programs 1st CWS game is nothing of significance is it? So when people tell me Pelini wins his 1st BCS bowl game it's nothing of significance because it's not the MNC? Even though that's a program that's won it all before? Come on, faulty logic there! He's taken teams and led them to good, over-achieving seasons.. Now people will say, well if their over-achieving he isn't getting the talent. Well maybe you can say that, but seriously it's Nebraska.. We are about over-achieving.. We don't usually get the best kids out there.. We develop kids. IE Johnny Dorn. You can't judge the coaching job or the talent level based off this year solely... Especially the coaching.. I can't help everyone EXPECTED this team to be really good.. I said before the season started it wasn't going to be a great year... However, I didn't expect KSU and KU to be as good as they are.. That just drops us down that much more. Now is it acceptable? No. And if it continually happens and into next year then maybe something needs to be done.. Or at least looked at. But is it bearable? Yes. There is light around the corner and you have to give people time.. Look at Fresno St. These guys won the CWS last year.. and ya know? They returned a TON of key starters! They are 20-20 right now and in steep danger of missing the NCAA Tournament.. They are 20-20 against much lesser competition.. They happened to get hot last year and win it all.. Should they be all up in firing their coach because they are having a bad season? We've been there! We haven't won it all but they'll get it done.. People still expect us to have the coaching we had with Van Horn, Anderson, and Childress.. Really.. Think about it.. That's not going to happen! No matter how much we actually want it to, it's not going to.. If it does, they're all gonna leave.. Just like just happened... I've never been a Bingham fan and I don't know what purpose he really serves... Newmann is supposed to be a really sharp young baseball mind.. Florida St.. they are in the same boat as us in a sense from a coach standpoint, hear me out here.... They have a lot more talent than we have and can bring it in easier because of location.. However they are considered a great program.. They have fans doing the same thing we have people doing.. Calling for Mike Martin's head.. now many people from around here would see that as ludicrous... He's never won the big one.. And that's why people around here get so frustrated.. Baseball is such a touchy sport.. it takes a team to get hot and make a run (See Fresno State Bulldogs circa 2008). People around the baseball world recognize how much better Nebraska has gotten over the past decade and people empathize with our struggles.. But they don't see why people want Anderson out after one bad year. He's gotten us to the CWS.. Sure we've had our struggles, but so has everyone else. The time will come.. We need to get kids away from the draft and into class.. I like this years class and actually think we have a decent chance of getting them in here..

and btw.. Nesseth has MLB stuff.... Ask the scouts.

I don't think firing Anderson will solve anything...yet. Give him a little longer...then we will see where we stand.

Anderson, Newman and Bingham should all be fired. Anderson is abusive and the other coaches don't dare stand up to him. Get any player alone and ask them off the record what they think and they will tell you Anderson is the most abusive coach who constantly degrades players. The players know that they actually have an extremely good team but they don't want to win for the coaches. If they win, the coaches look good. It is very hard for the players, they love their teammates and Nebraska but can't believe the coaches are allowed to do what they do to the players. If you think this year is bad, wait till next year. If some of the stuff that goes on ever hits the media, Nebraska might as well get out of baseball. That would be a shame. Truly go talk to some players like I have. Make sure they know they will not be punished no matter what they say.

I don't think firing Anderson will solve anything...yet. Give him a little longer...then we will see where we stand.

Anderson, Newman and Bingham should all be fired. Anderson is abusive and the other coaches don't dare stand up to him. Get any player alone and ask them off the record what they think and they will tell you Anderson is the most abusive coach who constantly degrades players. The players know that they actually have an extremely good team but they don't want to win for the coaches. If they win, the coaches look good. It is very hard for the players, they love their teammates and Nebraska but can't believe the coaches are allowed to do what they do to the players. If you think this year is bad, wait till next year. If some of the stuff that goes on ever hits the media, Nebraska might as well get out of baseball. That would be a shame. Truly go talk to some players like I have. Make sure they know they will not be punished no matter what they say.

Great 1st post. Not. The players won't play bad just because it makes the coaches look bad.. They will play good because it'll improve their draft stock and improve their chances of getting the hell out of there early if that was the case... Good attempt but still a fail. And don't give me the "go talk to the players" bs because I've been there done that. Sure, there are individual players who don't get along with Anderson, but there are players who don't get along with every coach. Some of the best coaches of all time are not appreciated til they are gone.... Ben Schwartzwalder ring a bell?

Great 1st post. Not. The players won't play bad just because it makes the coaches look bad.. They will play good because it'll improve their draft stock and improve their chances of getting the hell out of there early if that was the case... Good attempt but still a fail. And don't give me the "go talk to the players" bs because I've been there done that. Sure, there are individual players who don't get along with Anderson, but there are players who don't get along with every coach. Some of the best coaches of all time are not appreciated til they are gone.... Ben Schwartzwalder ring a bell?

Do you even try to grasp the idea that someone might know something you don't. It was my first post on this forum so that means what, I don't know what I am talking about? Like I said, ask All the players individually. Do you think they like having all their confidence stripped from them. Do you think they liked when Anderson made them stay awake on the bus till 4:00 am on there way back from Wichita. Only to get up and go to school that morning. Do you think they respect a coach who burns redshirts with 1/2 inning of play like its nothing. Do you think they like having a breakfast club (a torture session name) at 6:00 am in 9 degree weather outside in the snow in a T shirt and shorts rolling in the snow, then making them stand around listening to a speech while the coaches are in winter gear, then doing 100 yard sprints for an hour in that cold weather. Do you think that develops ballplayers or players that can't stand the coaches. If you want more stories go talk to the players. It is not the Individual players not getting along with Anderson. Its Anderson not knowing baseball and blaming all of what's happening on the players. Do you think that the pitching staff is bad or do you think that they are all hurting from coming into the season with hurt arms. Ask them. Were you at the banquet and did you ask the pitchers before the season how their arms were? The coaching staff is terrible, they train like a football team and it's baseball. They wear there players down Mentally and Physically and then wonder why they can't compete. One more thing as long as I don't know what I'm talking about. Look at their recruits and tell me they know baseball. Nebraska's best players are walk-ons, or players that came here from someone elses doings.

Do you even try to grasp the idea that someone might know something you don't. It was my first post on this forum so that means what, I don't know what I am talking about? Like I said, ask All the players individually. Do you think they like having all their confidence stripped from them. Do you think they liked when Anderson made them stay awake on the bus till 4:00 am on there way back from Wichita. Only to get up and go to school that morning. Do you think they respect a coach who burns redshirts with 1/2 inning of play like its nothing. Do you think they like having a breakfast club (a torture session name) at 6:00 am in 9 degree weather outside in the snow in a T shirt and shorts rolling in the snow, then making them stand around listening to a speech while the coaches are in winter gear, then doing 100 yard sprints for an hour in that cold weather. Do you think that develops ballplayers or players that can't stand the coaches. If you want more stories go talk to the players. It is not the Individual players not getting along with Anderson. Its Anderson not knowing baseball and blaming all of what's happening on the players. Do you think that the pitching staff is bad or do you think that they are all hurting from coming into the season with hurt arms. Ask them. Were you at the banquet and did you ask the pitchers before the season how their arms were? The coaching staff is terrible, they train like a football team and it's baseball. They wear there players down Mentally and Physically and then wonder why they can't compete. One more thing as long as I don't know what I'm talking about. Look at their recruits and tell me they know baseball. Nebraska's best players are walk-ons, or players that came here from someone elses doings.

I'm not gonna disagree with you here because I don't know if any of this is true. I'm not saying it isn't, but are you a reliable source? How do you know all of this is true?

Ok huskerfocus:

So if all these guys hate Anderson as much as you make it sound, how come more of them don't transfer away? How come guys like Mort, Bird, and Sullivan have stayed here for 4 or 5 years? Why would they bother putting up with that sh#t for that long?

And did you happen to see those guys after beating Creighton last night? They looked pretty damn happy for a bunch of players who don't want to play for their coach.

Ok huskerfocus:

So if all these guys hate Anderson as much as you make it sound, how come more of them don't transfer away? How come guys like Mort, Bird, and Sullivan have stayed here for 4 or 5 years? Why would they bother putting up with that sh#t for that long?

And did you happen to see those guys after beating Creighton last night? They looked pretty damn happy for a bunch of players who don't want to play for their coach.

Tell you what, why don't you ask Mort, Bird and Sullivan. Thats a real tough question. I can't remember if Sullivan is from the area but the other two are. They I'm sure have the same feeling as you do for the University of Nebraska. I guess I'm assuming your from the area. I know they can't believe they did.

These guys are great and still love the game, and each other. The one thing that happens in a situation like that is it creates a very tight group of guys. They wanted I'm sure to win that game for Bird. I couldn't see them but I imagine it was great. It would have been even better if Bird would have got the win, but it was still great. I've been reading other posts and people are saying that game didn't mean nothing. I think it meant a lot to the ballplayers.

Ok huskerfocus:

One more thing, just suppose for a minute that everything I say is true. Can I ask you how you would feel if it was true?.

Also on the transfers, They have to sit out a year if they want to play NCAA again. Some of them don't want to do that and some can't do that.