Huskers - Jayhawks

While everyone's bitching about Anderson's future the Huskers are busy putting together a win streak . :lol:

They beat KU 11-4 tonight in Lawrence.

(Kansas swept Texas and Oklahoma State at home earlier this year)

Game 2: Saturday @ 6:00 pm CDT

Game 3: Sunday @ 1:00 pm CDT

But don't you know this doesnt matter? It doesn't mean anything? They just got lucky was all! A young pitcher gave up one hit over 5 and a third innings... It's worthless :sarcasm

Great win again.. Tomorrows game is a huge statement game.. With Nesseth on the mound we need to come out and pound the ball again and put pressure on the jayhawks... 13 hits today.. let's get 15 tomorrow :) would be a HUGE step in the right direction... Maybe people will start to lighten up

It's about freakin time! I didn't catch any of the game, but it sounds like we played ok. Let's win some more here. GO BIG RED!!!!!!

Got breaks and made KU pay for them.. Not to mention 13 hits.. and 5 and a third innings of one hit ball by Hauptmann in relief of JR

Not bad...nice to hear about Hauptmann. That's what we need, some decent pitching.

T.J. Walz is pitching today for Kansas. I went to school with this kid for several years, so trust me when I say, he is pretty good. He beat us last year and he will probaly beat us again. Watch out for this guy. Anyway, as always, GO BIG RED!!!!!

Couple of losses again... Didn't get to listen/watch any of it other than a couple minutes but i follwed stats... Nesseth got shelled it looked like and Kalkowski came in and got through the line-up once effectively before getting hit pretty hard the 2nd time through.. Yost gave up 1 hit and 1 run through the 1st 5 innings with no walks from what the stats showed... can't complain with that.. Kid just needs to put on some more weight to help him go deeper in games..

just read this off huskers.com

In the nightcap, Kansas took advantage of a controversial call, scoring three times in the bottom of the seventh to erase a 4-3 deficit.

With two outs and runners on first and second, David Narodowski’s seeing-eye single between short and third scored Casey Lytle to tie the score. On the play, NU had Zac Elgin caught between second and third, but Jeff Tezak’s throw to third hit Elgin in the arm, allowing both runners to be safe. The Husker players and coaches argued that Elgin interfered with the throw, but the call stood, putting runners on second and third. The play would prove costly, as David Stanfield then sent Casey Hauptman’s 2-2 pitch to left, scoring both runners and putting Kansas up for good at 6-4.

No idea what happened other than that but sounds like that was the turning point in the game...

Yeah. That was the turning point. I was at the game(s). Everything was pretty good until then, and we would have gotten out of it with just the 4-4 tie. Us Husker fans were hackling the ump for a good 5 mins while Anderson was out arguing, and the ump turned to us and mouthed "blah blah blah".

Up until that point, I liked our chances. It was only fitting to see the next batter come up and score 2 more runs. :angry:

Yeah. That was the turning point. I was at the game(s). Everything was pretty good until then, and we would have gotten out of it with just the 4-4 tie. Us Husker fans were hackling the ump for a good 5 mins while Anderson was out arguing, and the ump turned to us and mouthed "blah blah blah".

Up until that point, I liked our chances. It was only fitting to see the next batter come up and score 2 more runs. :angry:

Who was the umpire? Anyone with a (recent) history with us? Kinda classless on his part to do that! Guys are supposed to shut up and do their job and not react to the crowd or coaches.. unless the coach gets too violent.. then they toss em!

While everyone's bitching about Anderson's future the Huskers are busy putting together a win streak . :lol:

But don't you know this doesnt matter? It doesn't mean anything? They just got lucky was all! A young pitcher gave up one hit over 5 and a third innings... It's worthless :sarcasm

Great win again.. Tomorrows game is a huge statement game.. With Nesseth on the mound we need to come out and pound the ball again and put pressure on the jayhawks... 13 hits today.. let's get 15 tomorrow :) would be a HUGE step in the right direction... Maybe people will start to lighten up

How do you feel now? :hmmph

How do you feel now? :hmmph

How do i feel? We got good starts out of young pitchers. This is what i've been looking for all year... This young pitching staff to grow, start throwing strikes, and improving. That's what has happened...

How do i feel? We got good starts out of young pitchers. This is what i've been looking for all year... This young pitching staff to grow, start throwing strikes, and improving. That's what has happened...

Anderson just pinch-hit for Bailey, with the bases loaded, with no outs.