Huskers - Jayhawks

How do i feel? We got good starts out of young pitchers. This is what i've been looking for all year... This young pitching staff to grow, start throwing strikes, and improving. That's what has happened...

Anderson just pinch-hit for Bailey, with the bases loaded, with no outs.

Completely ignore my post and just go over and comment how Anderson "doesn't know what he's doing"... who cares if he pinch hit for bailey? He's been struggling, was already 0 for 2 with a strike out.. It's a midweek game, time to get younger players a chance to play too. You act like it's a big deal when in reality, it isnt.. Good effort at digging at him again though.

How do i feel? We got good starts out of young pitchers. This is what i've been looking for all year... This young pitching staff to grow, start throwing strikes, and improving. That's what has happened...

Alright, buddy. If you really want me to address your post, I will do so...

Where are our "good starts" out of our young pitchers (are you blaming our young pitchers for this)? We have an overall 8.22 ERA as a team. Our opponents are averaging 4.40.

Are our freshman just inferior to the other freshman on other teams around the country?

Here:http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=105&SPID=33&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=3675299

I love our players - I really do. It's not their fault.

I wish you wouldn't assume that I'm just one of those, "Hey, we're not atop our conference - let's fire him" type of dudes. I say, "Hey, perhaps we should think about intervening to stop this mess." You say, "No, everything is fine...let's just leave it alone - it will fix itself."

Your lack of expectations is what troubles me. You say, "This is what i've been looking for all year... This young pitching staff to grow, start throwing strikes, and improving." I'm pretty sure that any player, coach, and fan wants their pitchers to throw strikes. Good work, buddy! And where, WHERE do you see that our pitching is improving - aside from Erik Bird.

There are no expectations/goals there. And please explain where what you've been looking for all year has presented itself to you.

Spin it however you like, but Nebraska Baseball is on a tailspin that we may not recover from.

P.S. - I love how you don't even question Anderson's move in pinch-hitting for Bailey..LOVE IT.

Alright, buddy. If you really want me to address your post, I will do so...

Where are our "good starts" out of our young pitchers (are you blaming our young pitchers for this)? We have an overall 8.22 ERA as a team. Our opponents are averaging 4.40.

Are our freshman just inferior to the other freshman on other teams around the country?

Here:http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=105&SPID=33&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=3675299

I love our players - I really do. It's not their fault.

I wish you wouldn't assume that I'm just one of those, "Hey, we're not atop our conference - let's fire him" type of dudes. I say, "Hey, perhaps we should think about intervening to stop this mess." You say, "No, everything is fine...let's just leave it alone - it will fix itself."

Your lack of expectations is what troubles me. You say, "This is what i've been looking for all year... This young pitching staff to grow, start throwing strikes, and improving." I'm pretty sure that any player, coach, and fan wants their pitchers to throw strikes. Good work, buddy! And where, WHERE do you see that our pitching is improving - aside from Erik Bird.

There are no expectations/goals there. And please explain where what you've been looking for all year has presented itself to you.

Spin it however you like, but Nebraska Baseball is on a tailspin that we may not recover from.

P.S. - I love how you don't even question Anderson's move in pinch-hitting for Bailey..LOVE IT.

Same tailspin people said we wouldn't recover from in 2004 unless we fired anderson... Where were we in 2005? How is the pitching getting better aside from Bird? Take a look at the BB/9.. THATS how it's getting better. I'm not at all satisfied with our position in the conference and it is not something we can continue to settle for, but coming into the season this wasn't one where we were going to finish in the top half.

Our freshman are not as good as freshman in Texas.. Hell, Yost is from LSW and Kalkowski is from GI... really? you expect those kids to even RIVAL the top young talent in Texas? That's a joke to even think about... What I've been looking for is this young pitching staff to develop. That is what is happening.. Of course you can take a look and say "oh we have an 8.22 team ERA" but that's based on the season. The staff has gotten collectively better. And you say no one other than Bird? Then you aren't looking at it.. This isn't just starters.. Sure, Bird is a huge help in getting those kids on the way though.. If he starts throwing strikes and it pays off other kids are going to start to buy in and realize they don't have to run the corners on every single hitter. I'm not just talking about starts. I'm talking about good outings. Where you ask? Oh I don't know.. Maybe Casey Hauptman against KU? Oh, but his ERA is over 6, he's terrible.. It's not about the season on a whole with this pitching staff.. When you continue to reflect on the bad that's all we're going to see as results.. You have to take the good things and build on them.

Like i said above... Tons of people were calling for Anderson's head after 04 saying he wasn't the right guy to take over for Van Horn and how Childress would of been way better.. And the 05 team is probably the best Husker Baseball team in history.

Here's a question... IF we fired Anderson.. Who would we go after? How many people actually know who the "hot prospects" of college baseball are? Or the ones that have been mentioned to take over should Anderson be fired.. And don't just go google it, be honest.. I think too many people are just pissed off the team is losing this year and want him out because it's his fault and he's such an ass to all the players.. or so the "rumors" say.. They don't realize what else is out there.. I'll tell ya right now if Anderson gets fired we don't go after a head coach. If we do TO would be just stupid to do it.