Texas Tech Game

There's a Lazarri's about 14th and O.  the pizza's good and it's a nice jumping off point before the bars.  however, i would recommend Ali Baba's Gyros, that place is the perfect way to end a night.

Ali Baba's??? No Way!!

You must go next door to Gourmet Grill! George will hook you up with the best gyro you have ever had!! Order a Z Plate and you won't be disappointed!

The Gimp has spoken.

Im not sure which is which, but all I know is that there is a good gyro place in Lincoln, across from Sandy's, which is the real attraction. I have had my share of Elk Creeks in the past, and they are well worth it!! :cheers

1. George's Gourmet Grill (Z-plate is THE BEST drunk food in the land!)

2. DeLeon's on West O. A little craker-jack box of a place that puts out the

best mexican food in town. You'll always have to wait in line behind at least 2

other cars, no matter if it's 3 in the morning on Tuesday or 10 in the evening

on a Sunday.

3. Val's buffet on 70th/VanDorn. If you can't find something you like at that

buffet, you should be shot.

ETR, Watering hole has decent food, but only their wings stand out. And I don't think the pizza at Val's is better than Lazzari's, Piezano's, etc. but that buffet is a marvel in itself.

How does this relate to the TxTech thread anyway?

Gman wanted to know about where to stay and party/eat/drink/make merry????

Turned into a grubfest :lol:

Everyone just started talkin about places to eat. It was nice to hear of some of these places cause things have changed drastically since I left in 81. Ive been back numerous times but dont hang with any in crowd so the info is good. I come back for games golf and relatives.

Nothin like comin back home. just some of the changes make home feel less like home. But change is inevitable(matrix). :)

The place DeLeon's that someone mentioned...I lived just off West O for the last year, drove by that place every day. It's open 24 hours, 7 days a week and there is ALWAYS someone there. It doesn't matter if its 6:30 Sunday morning. On weekend nights at about 12:45 cars are lined up all the way around onto O St. If you go i recommend the chicken burrito, try it out.

Top 3

1. Ali Baba's: Gyro or chicken strips - Abu is the guy behind the counter and he's a cool dude

2. De Leon's: chicken burrito

3. PO Pears: peanut butter burger-but for some reason i think they're closing maybe

Its the black ram and is about two minutes from my house. They are really good, but if you want the best steak in chicago, I recommend Bistro 110 downtown off of North Michigan. They are my favorite. If you are ever around in Chicago again and near des plaines, tell me so we can meet up and talk huskers... maybe at the Black Ram :thumbs:thumbs

That sounds like a great time, my friend...hope we can do that someday!

1. George's Gourmet Grill (Z-plate is THE BEST drunk food in the land!)

2. DeLeon's on West O. A little craker-jack box of a place that puts out the

best mexican food in town. You'll always have to wait in line behind at least 2

other cars, no matter if it's 3 in the morning on Tuesday or 10 in the evening

on a Sunday.

3. Val's buffet on 70th/VanDorn. If you can't find something you like at that

buffet, you should be shot.

ETR, Watering hole has decent food, but only their wings stand out. And I don't think the pizza at Val's is better than Lazzari's, Piezano's, etc. but that buffet is a marvel in itself.

How does this relate to the TxTech thread anyway?

Watering Hole is the best ever. Just a perfect wing

My wife, who isn't even from Nebraska, loves Amigos...I miss Runza...expecially at the game. Valentinos, which rocks, just wasn't the same...

mmmmmmm, runzas on a chilly saturday afternoon :thumbs

my wife makes runzas on game day but it's not the same as having one thrown down the aisle to you during a game.