This Years Commit Numbers

I am wondering if our staff have gotten kids that wanted to commit during their visits, at camps, or at other various times, but were told to make sure this is the final decision and what not. A lot of the things that they were having the kids do last year. Also I'm wondering if a lot kids that may be the "plan b" if plan a doesn't work out at their position are the ones that have been here on visits or may have tried to verbal.

With a small class I can see this being a case, meaning the selectivity of the staff of whom to accept pledges from. I hate this for being even brought up (ie, almost pushing kids away) but with a limited number of scholly slots our staff can be picky and I have total confidence in them.

I don't know that we're so limited that we need to change our entire recruiting philosophy, but from the way Bo operates this organization, I don't think he's fond of the 'soft vebal' concept. Mostly you have to live with it, but it's entirely possible he's telling the kids, "Look, either come on board or wait until you're ready."

I'm not worried. After Bo has had Nebraska in the conference title game a few times I don't think he'll have a huge problem hauling in the guys he wants. We gotta keep in mind we're still at the beginning of the new era. It takes time to change a program that had sunk to its lowest point in half a century.