Better to have a round robin schedule

A round robin schedule is stupid, just like the Big 10. Divisions with a conference championship will almost always lead to the fairest result. Sure the South has been dominant for a while in the Big 12, but during that same period they've also come out on top in the championship game more times than not.

Round robin schedules in the Big 10 almost always lead to inequity. In the last year or so there has been at least one Big Ten Team that has not had to play Ohio St. or Penn. St. That isn't going to lead to a fair determination of the Big 10 champion.

I would hate for such idiocy to come to the Big 12. The winner of the championship should always have to go through at least one of the top teams in the league...

I found it humorous the writer said:

Sure, you’d have fewer phony bowl teams because they wouldn’t be able to pad their record with games against crappy non-league opponents.

And just to the right of that statement was a picture of KU's mascot. Coincedence?

They are starting to improve on it, with South Florida last year, @UTEP and Southern Miss this year, @Southern Miss and Georgia Tech next year... and so on.

I'm not exactly thrilled with our own schedule next year. I can just hear it now. "You only got to where you are because of the cupcake OOC schedule". And, those people may be right.

Anyway, back on topic: I really wouldn't mind a round robin, but they'd have to kick out a couple of teams - no one should have 11 conference games every year. So, it will just never work in the Big 12.